Where to buy a nice photo album

Photos of shows, people, places and things.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

headnugg
Invocation

Where to buy a nice photo album

So I finally sent in 3 years worth of digital photos and now I have a shitload of pics and no where to put them. Does anyone know where you can get a real nice photo album, particularly one that can fit like 500 or more pictures and they can be fit in in any direction, and can even fit panoramic photos? I've been to like Target and Walmart and the like and they all have crappy books that are not to my liking.

Stores or websites will work......
Give us the Teachings of His Majesty, we don't want no devil philosophy.
Katie
Invocation

How about checking out scrapbook-section of arts & craft stores for ideas?

I've found some nice photo books with the kind of album where you stick on corners to hold them to acid-free pages. I think I got them at Michael’s or AC Moore. What’s nice about them is you can arrange different sized photos however you want and you can get refill pages to add more. You can get them with black pages (which I like better) as well as white, and I think you can get plastic protectors too. The only drawback is arranging them on the pages and sticking on all those things to hold the corners down takes a while. Not something I'd do for every photo-album, but if you've got the time it works out nice for something special. (I made a neat little book of Slip photos using one of these for pablo's birthday/moving away gift... :) )
headnugg
Invocation

Cool, yah I've seen all these photo memory books they have now, and it would be cool, but for now I'm just looking for the easiest way.......Some company somewhere should make big photo albums for the concert photographer, you would think.......if they don't already, maybe I should start making them myself......
Give us the Teachings of His Majesty, we don't want no devil philosophy.
Phrazz

Here's a good site with many types of albums.

Some of these sites (like this one) let you print into an album and they assemble it for you. Various fancy albums are perfect for weddings and special events...in your case I think you want one of the pro albums. Remember the more you put the heavier it gets and at a certain point you don't want to carry around a 50 pound tome (store vertically, etc).

http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=c ... ng/Storage

Try your local Hallmark Card store. I found sort of a black leather, big 3 ring binder sort of thing. Sharp looking, but also nice and rugged. It has clear plastic pages with 4-4x6 inserts per side, so 8 photos per page. It was around $35 and you can add pages. Probably hold 500 shots easy.