Slip at nugroove

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

gabe
Lion on a Rock

Slip at nugroove

SWEET this looks even better than Stone Bear would with Slip. Soulive, Duo, Slip aaaaaaaaah
gabonidetony

HAHA HA HA! :twisted:

the decision has been made.
tim
The Weight of Solomon

:evil: :x :cry: :evil: :x :cry: :evil: :x :cry: :evil: :x :cry:
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

I kinda feel the same way tim... cause we'll be coming back to allentown that weekend to visit.... but they are playing friday... if they were just playing saturday, I'd get a 1 day ticket... oh well... I'll just have to wait for the fall tour and do pitt, ohio, chicago... 8)
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

What a damn monkey wrench!! Nugroove is about four hours away and Stone Bear is 1. I've been planning on The Stone Bear but if I had known at the beginning stages Nugroove would have been that much more tempting. RAQ, Oshe, Kaki King, The Duo, The Slip! Now I'm that much more bent that they wont be at The Stone Bear. Technically I could drive out to Afton for day one and see The Duo, Oshe, and The Slip but thats so much gas money I don't have as well as added energy I doubt I'd have. I don't think I'll make it to Nugroove.
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

whats the deal with this? why did the slip not want to play at stone bear... hmm..

now i dont know what to do
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

ehh eat a peach
senorgaboni

if some of you massholes dont wanna drive the whole way you could drive to albany and car pool the rest of the way, I know its not much but hey
gabe
Lion on a Rock

carpooling is a great idea! in fact... http://sliplive.com/bboard/viewtopic.php?p=5667#5667
Big Bob
From the Gecko

oh man...i already bought tickets for the stone bear, but now nugroove looks to be the clear winner

apparently i jumped the gun and now i dont know what to do
Phrazz

Nugroove vs Stone Bear

It's an uncanny coincidence that 4 (or more?) of the bands are playing both, so these few are surely playing Fri. at Nugroove. Now from NY to Portland you go right by or through CT, so it would be nice for BAM to make a special appearance at Stone Bear, but I doubt that will happen. I'm thinking about doing Nugroove Fri. and Stone Bear on Sat, but that's a ton of driving (would be justifiable if I had a few travellers to join in the adventure). I like Soulive, but that versus hanging out on the farm is an easy decision. The fact that Nugroove is also closer for me makes that worth it...tough decision, but either way will be a good time.

Thing that concerns me is Nugroove's website is pretty lame and that means their planning skills may not be up to par. I also notice there's no schedule yet -- at least Stone Bear we know it's all Sat. and 2 stages (probably outside and the barn).

Well, these kinds of decisions are win-win. If there's heavy weather, the farm would be a better choice (the barn can hold nearly everyone, and the infrastructure is a known entity versus some unknown lake campground). I wonder what the Nugroove headcount would be...I bet with Soulive there will be thousands.

Hopefully there won't be any hurricanes ripping through that weekend.

-Phrazz
francis
From the Gecko

well i think the duo's playing sunday (at nugroove) so they'll probbaly be headlining saturday at stone bear with lotus headlining it all. i'm heading to nugroove though. the schedule's up on the website for nugroove.

edit: for the same price too, i rather have more of a lineup.. though with 500 tickets only being sold, stone bear should be an awesome time.
-francis

order your precious swords!
get your free sword catalog!
Phrazz

Stone Bear vs Nugroove

I have a feeling with Nugroove having the same lineup and being slightly closer to large NY metro centers, Stoney Bear will be lucky to sell half that. Not to mention the fact that BAM hard-core types will just shun Tyrone to be with their favorites. I'm definitely torn, but looks like I'm torn westward.

-Phrazz
Katie
Invocation

I'm still quite torn myself, about whether to go to either festival. The linup of Nugroove is more appealing to me, but while I can take the time off of work Friday to get there, none of my friends can. And not knowing what the camping environment will be like, I'm kind of sketched out about going to that one alone. Now if there were that line-up at the Stone Bear, I'd definitely be there! Ah well... perhaps it's best to save the cash for shows in the fall.
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

Katie... I would definately say go to nugroove... Tim and Diesel will be there for sure... and as scary as they seem... Tim's ok so long as he has his own tent... :wink:

You can always have your people show up later on friday... just save them a spot... definately worth the money... plus... how are you gonna pass up a slip show...

incidently... are there any tapers set up for this??? Clinton, you going... ? I hope somebody is... I really wish I could go....

but good news... we have like 6 more appointments to look at houses.... that beats a slip show anyday.... :roll:
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver