Question for Cleantone/other tapers

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

gabe
Lion on a Rock

Question for Cleantone/other tapers

I was wondering if after you finish on a project, small and large, how many times have you listened to it. What I mean by small, if my guess is correct, is something like the Matt Murphy's Pub show in February and large would be like Live at Lupos or even studio albums. Anyhow, how many times do you listen to the content of small and large projects and consequently, is your appreciation for the music on the recording lessened because you've had to listen to it so many times? It's possible to get sick of a song and is that what happens after you do a large recording project?

Just curious.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

I can't easily answer the question as you posed it but I can say it is as you might expect. One interesting thing it that when you work on a full mix as you would in the studio or from live multitracking, it becomes a sum of it's parts. After hearing the song come together from raw tracks even after time passes I still hear the song as a sum of the parts and not as one would hear having nothing to do with the production. I think that makes sense.