How do all you people......

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

headnugg
Invocation

How do all you people......

......get these pics uploaded as your avatars? It says the file limit is 39MB and every pic I take is at least 600MB. So how do ya'll do it? Is there a secret trick I don't know? I have this problem on every message board I belong to......

HELP
Give us the Teachings of His Majesty, we don't want no devil philosophy.
GeMeNeYe
Get Me with Fuji

Yo:

on a PC -- right click on your pic then choose "edit," which will open the Paint application.

In Paint, you can use "stretch and skew" to reduce the number of pixels on your horizontal and vertical axes (always keep the % differentials the same to avoid distortion).

When you think it's small enough, check image attributes -- once you've reduced below the max pixel amounts for your forum's avatar, the file size will also have decreased accordingly.

Hope this helps.

G
headnugg
Invocation

how 'bout for a MizAc g?
Give us the Teachings of His Majesty, we don't want no devil philosophy.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

I you want small image you should use small image.
sm
Beantown Rocker

when saving stuff for the web, you should always make sure your resolution is 72dpi, anymore than that is basically a waste of resolution and file size.

then adjust size by pixel dimensions, to a resonable size.

remember, 5 inches at 72dpi is not the same as 5 inches at 300dpi, thats why i say forget the inches and stick with the pixels, for web sizing... obviously, if you're printing, go inches.

and lastly, if you're using photoshop, always save for web, as opposed to just saving or "save as-ing" - save for web compresses better. and gives you a preview of image quality and file size so you can adjust accordingly.

hope that helps some!