looking for certain songs

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Kev

looking for certain songs

hey has the slip ever played Landing, Love and tears, jumby live? be interested if anyone had any Slip shows with those songs in them
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Slip setlists matching Landing:

19990702: High Sierra Music Festival: Quincy, CA
Set I: Landing> Invocation, Don't Foil the Mohel, Pictures of Callisto, Johnny's Tune, Gemini (Kingdom of Light), Yellow Medicine, Rhythm and Gold*
20021122: The Higher Ground: Winooski, VT
Set I: Landing> Get Me With Fuji, Driving Backwards with You, Hey Worrier> Don't Foil the Mohel, Ambrosia, Mexican Nipple
20021230: Paradise Rock Club: Boston, MA
Set I: Landing* > Trane-ing*, Clementine! (amazing with the horns), You Might Say, Nellie Jean, Pungee*!
20030506: The Village Underground: New York, NY
Set II: Landing% > Mudslide%, Be-Bop Tune (Yaki Soba?)%$, Back in Fifteen Minutes, Co-op City> Weight of Solomon, Wompsett, What is and What Should Never Be!
20030624: Abe and Jakes Landing: Lawrence, KS

20031128: Narrows Center for the Arts (acoustic show): Fall River, MA

Notes: Acoustic show. ^ included lyrics "a history... chasing rabbits down the rabbit hole". previously played at Brad's solo show (club passim). * Marc on guitar, Brad on banjo. - aka "Lazilee" % Flaming Lips tune from Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots. # with Isaac Taylor on additional vocals. @ with Andrew on udu, Marc on guitar. included extra lyric "Back in 15 Minutes, take a picture"... :) & possibly Antes de Haber Mundo by Ramito? $ with Brad on piano. ! "Ode to Joy" theme played by Andrew on the PVC marimba. ~ with Tim Lanterman on shakers, and Brad briefly on the marimba thing. + previously played 10.26.03 (Brad solo show at UVM). With Andrew on bass. Lyrics included: "Sometimes you can mistake the fear of falling for the fear on landing on something too hard"... = included a brief jam of Louie Louie and a tease from Built to Spill's Center of the Universe from the album Keep it Like a Secret. also with Brad on 12-string. [ Cleantone; tasoula, kosta, and Kt Fall River, MA USA - Saturday, November 29, 2003 ] 20040708: The Fillmore: San Francisco, CA
Set I: Landing, Reddish Moon%, Old George, Soft Machine, Don't Foil the Mohel*, Children of December, Planet of Inexperience*, The Shouters^
20050218: O-EAST (Shibuya): Tokyo, JP
Set I: Landing> Even Rats, ?> Sometimes True to Nothing, Cowboy Up, Lonely Boy, Happy Snails
20050219: Osanbashi Hall - The Green Room Festival: Yokohama - Kanagawa, JAPAN
Set I: Landing> Even Rats, Get Me with Fuji, Poor Boy, ???, Soft Warm Simple Wonder*, Paper Birds
Landing was found at 9 shows.

I think Landing was played a lot more than this search just brought up for me.

Slip setlists matching Jumby:

20020803: Bethel Farm (Booty Bash): Hillsborough, NH
Set I: From the Gecko > *Zion jam > Nellie Jean, Autobody Experience, More About Me?, Ode to to Jason, 6-Sided! > OooOooO, Jumby!, improv reggae*> Flood of Joyful Existence Waters, "?"> %"?", Before you were Born, Rhythm and Gold > Lion on a Rock> **insanity till the console was off and the tapers quit > The Weight of Solomon!
20020810: Berkshire Mountain Music Festival (Hillside Stage): Great Barrington, MA
Set I: Intro^> Wolof, Nellie Jean> Jam> Sometimes True to Nothing, Jumby, Tonight We Leave Chicago*, If One of Us Should Fall, Dogs on Bikes
20020919: Anna's: Syracuse, NY
Set I: Jumby, Get Me with Fuji, Dear Melina, A Crack in the Sundial
20020921: Old Main Inn: Fredonia, NY
Set II: From Russia with Love, Sometimes True to Nothing> Tenfold, Mary Mary Shelley!, Jumby
20021018: I-SPY: Seattle, WA
Set II: Jumby, From Russia With Love, 74, Yellow Medicine, Love and Tears^, Before You Were Born^, So Dope
20021020: Wild Duck Music Hall: Eugene, OR
Set I: Driving Backwards with You, Get Me with Fuji, Built for Zeal, Love and Tears*, Tenfold, 74#, Yaki Soba, The Nashua Rose, Jumby, From Russia with Love, Dogs on Bikes^
20021025: 1650 Club: Los Angeles, CA
Set II: Built for Zeal, Jumby, Sometimes True to Nothing, Spice Groove> Aptos> In Your Dreams%
20021031: Mercury @ Jazz: Austin, TX
Set I: Get me with Fuji*> Tenfold, Pretty Young Thing (PYT)#, Jumby, The Nashua Rose, Yaki Soba%
20021114: State Theater: Falls Church, VA
Set II: Built for Zeal, Tonight We Leave Chicago, Jumby, Get Me with Fuji, funk loop improv, If One of Us Should Fall
20021123: Le Swimming: Montreal, QUE (CAN)
Set II: Cool #9(?), Jumby> Get Me with Fuji, Pass It On#, In Your Dreams> Planet of Inexperience> In Your Dreams, Wolof, Mr. Meowskers, Yellow Medicine, ?
20021129: Rhodes-on-the-Pawtuxet Ballroom - Lazy Day Homecoming: Cranston, RI
Set II: Get Me with Fuji, Tonight We Leave Chicago, Gemini (Kingdom of Light), Jumby, Put on a Happy Face!, Dear Melina, Yaki Soba ("Bouncy jazz tune")> Drums, Sometimes True to Nothing
20021231: Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel: Providence, RI

Notes: Brad Barr, Fred Torphy - Saturday, January 04, 2003; Cleantone - Wednesday, January 01, 2003: ! w/ Jumby and Zion teases. ? maybe a composition I'm not familiar with. # w/ Guns and Roses teases. @ a hybrid of Small Axe and Cumulus, sounded intentional to me) + Funky Meters cover. ^ Brad on sitar/guitar. % Duke Ellington tune. $ Van Morrison tune. * w/ Howling Monkey Horns 20030419: Somerville Theater: Somerville, MA
Set I: Song of Mysterious Origin, Poor Boy$, Soft Machine*> Get me With Fuji, Back in Fifteen Minutes, Trane-ing, Mudslide^, The Woods^#, Drum Jam#> Air is the Body#, Jumby#, Happy Snails (sails?)#**, intro-> What is and What Should Never Be^^> Livin' Lovin' Maid^^
20030501: University of Rhode Island: Kingston, RI
Set I: Wolof, Pictures of Calysto, Ambrosia, Tenfold, Jumby
20030518: Come Together Festival - Frontier Ghost Town: Durham, ONT (CAN)
E: Jumby, If One of Us Should Fall
20030708: Yoshi's: Oakland, CA
Set II: Song of Mysterious Origin, Poor Boy, (new wild Techno Tune) > Mr. Meowskers ??^ Jumby, Ride On!, (Piano Instrumental)
20031121: Pearl Street Ballroom: Northampton, MA
Set I: Intro> More Intense Surveillance, Nellie Jean> Headshot> Mr. Meowskers, The Woods, Children of December, "Come Over", "Got to be Arranged", Poorboy, Jam> Jumby
20040324: Cicero's: St. Louis, MO
Set II: Children of December, STTN^, Yellow Medicine, Jumby, Poor Boy
20040327: The Rathskellar: Madison, WI
Set I: Yo Yo My Little Brown-Eyed Babushka*, Get Me with Fuji, Chasing Rabbits, Poor Boy, Predicting the Rain, Live is My Jumby
20040504: Kuumbwa Jazz Center: Santa Cruz, CA
Set II: Hey Worrier, Wolof, Fear of Falling, When Cloudy Hushes Moon, Jumby, Sandman^> Children of December
20060326: Sherpa & Yeti's: Breckenridge, CO
Set I: new song (piano samples played on drum pad - very slow and ethereal), Rainmaker, Before You Was Born*, Any Major Dude*#, Jumby, Children of December, Moderate Threat> Sorry > In Life You Were An Ocean In Death You Are the Rain, Get Me with Fuji, Wine and White Soda
20060413: North Star Bar: Phildelphia, PA
E: Happy Snails, Jumby, Children of December
Jumby was found at 22 shows.
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

someone labled landing as the christmas intro or something from lupos new years eve run 04
kev

are any of those shows on Bittorrent? or any other way of getting them
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

are any of those shows on Bittorrent? or any other way of getting them
Old school tape trading. Look on etree.org or phishook.com for tapelists that have these shows. There are a lot of Love and Tears out there. That was played a lot. Since these tunes are fairly old (did I just say that) I doubt there are any torrents up now. They did bust Jumby pretty recently. I think that was torrented but I doubt it is still up.

You should also sign up and log in to this site. If you do I'll B+P a show or two for you with these songs.
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

jumby was played at philly. kev, did you know c'tone was god?
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Kevin

that would be awesome cleantone, i mean even if it wasnt the whole set and just a few songs i wouldnt mind.. i dont want to waste ur time
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

You should also sign up and log in to this site. If you do I'll B+P a show or two for you with these songs.
8)
Huskyfan03
Poor Boy

hey i made an account