AS220 setlist

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Chris
Mudslide

AS220 setlist

Even Rats
Soft Machine
Lonely Boy
December's Children
Proud

Proud and Soft Machine were a little short, and the set ended so abruptly after Proud. They were keeping such a tight schedule that this set was just a tease. It was real smooth though. I can't wait for Nugroove, or Portland, or anything. BAM is real hot right now.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

The show was pretty fun. BAM played on borrowed gear beside the pedel rig, guitar, and bass. There was about 10-15 minutes to load thier gear on and get levels but no real soundcheck. Also there was just the hired front of house guy who did sound all day. The sound was a bit hard to get over actually. For me at least. They normally soundcheck for longer than that whole set was too. But all in all it was pretty cool. The place was really packed actually. The band before them had some people there watching but when BAM came out there was definitly a huge difference. Pretty cool! Lotsa odors wafting around, nice stiff mixed drinks, and a few Slip tunes! Did anyone stick around for Mahi Mahi who played last? How was it?
k-real
Cumulus

Not really too much to add. The sound itself was definitely off (Brad's vocals were really jacked up) but the guys sounded great. I agree with Clinton as the crowd really started to pay attention and descended around the stage when they started up with Even Rats much more so than w/ previous acts. The set was short...but they came in kicked the door down, grabbed everyone's attention, then fled the scene.

The street festie itself was a lot of fun too. A full Providence city block was closed down. $3 beers and you didn't have to stay in a little beer garden area. Got a nice poster from the event. Good times. Good times.