6/25 Paradise, Boston

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

bear
From the Gecko

6/25 Paradise, Boston

*edit*

1: Cumulus* > D'Gary?, Even Rats**, Get Me with Fuji, Dear Melina, Paper Birds***, Airplane/Primitive^, Wolof^, Motherwolf, That Love Ain't Enough, The Soft Machine, If One Of Us Should Fall

E: Children of December> Billie Jean jam > Children of December, England?

* slow version? w/ "Landing" teases. i guess the boys hit the stage all wearing one glove a la Michael Jackson RIP...I missed it, anyone care to elaborate? ** w/ "Sorry" teases by Brad. *** w/"Man in the Mirror" quotes. ^ w/ Timo Shanko on tenor sax

furlongs ahead of last night...REALLY fun show
Last edited by bear on Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
"if there's one thing I know to be true, let what you love be what you do"

http://www.talkingaboutcommas.com
http://www.liesanddreams.blogspot.com
johnhk4
Beantown Rocker

hey great show

they started off with a slow cumulus, not landing... similar vibe though.

thought those boys did a great job!! best wolof... ever? dare i say it? that timo fella tore it up, also it was in a different key and it sounded like timo had an idea/song to overlay the main bassline for alot of the song, it was nasty!!

i didn't hear any sorry teases!! i wish I had!!

RIP M.J.
--can anyone sendspace that slip cover of human nature?-- i have it somewhere, it'd be great to hear it

- john
John from CT / wheaton college, MA
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

this show looks badass.. I love cumulus taboot (one of my favorite songs)... really excited that they're working in some old material.. plus my wife absolutely adores dear milena... I'm hella jealous of you guys and wish I could at least make world cafe.. :(

two words.. FALL TOUR!
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
Phrazz

amazing

I'm thoroughly stoked for the rad song selection here...and all the new tunes mean another album won't be long. Nice to see Timo join in, as always. Can't wait to see Josh's photos!

Definitely sucks about Michael Jackson...noone can fill his shoes! Out of curiosity, I went through "Slip Covers" to find:
SlipBase wrote:ABC: Jackson 5
Human Nature: Michael Jackson
I Want You Back: Jackson 5
Man in the Mirror: Michael Jackson
Pretty Young Thing: Michael Jackson
Thriller: Michael Jackson
If you recall any others, let me know (or any covers not on that list). I try to tag songs "cover" in the Notes for setlists to find them more easily, but the data still needs a lot of editing.

-Phrazz
lucasdavidsamuels
Through the Iron Gate

that looks like an awesome show, glad to hear they threw some MJ in there!
Twitter: @lucsamuels
booher
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

Intro was definitely cumulus, but I think it had some landing teases as well as sorry teases.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

If you recall any others, let me know (or any covers not on that list)
They have done Billy Jean with Nathan on vocals as the Wedding Band. It's killer!

They did come out last night wearing white gloves and held a pose with there hand up in salute for about 15 seconds or so. I got a bit of it on video. I think the only tune I got to shoot that came out worth a crap was Wolof. Unfortunately both of my recorders locked up on my at different points last night. I think the uber bass in the Paradise fucked with the write head in the IDE drive. I lost some of Soft Machine and If One of Us Should Fall. Both of which I was filming. So that sucks.
johnhk4
Beantown Rocker

well... if you caught ANY of wolof i'd consider it a victory... that thing was out of control amazing
John from CT / wheaton college, MA
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

Yikes, sorry to hear about the recording difficulties!
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Turns out only my "real recording" locked up. The new 2 track flash recorder I bought and was running for "fun" actually ran out of space. I assumed it had locked up. Luckily it was a minute after the final notes.

Follow me for last nights Children of December which includes a nice Billie Jean jam toward the end! Pass it on.
lucasdavidsamuels
Through the Iron Gate

were you the only one running tape clinton? thanks for the upload btw. This could be the best played/sung COD in the past 3 years!
Twitter: @lucsamuels
bradm
Beantown Rocker

lucasdavidsamuels wrote:were you the only one running tape clinton? thanks for the upload btw. This could be the best played/sung COD in the past 3 years!
jibooer and I also ran last night, and from what I listened to this morning, it sounds pretty good.

When Brad, Marc, and Andrew came on stage last night, each was wearing a single white glove, which they raised in a kind of salute before the set started. It was a longer show last night than Northampton, just about two hours including the encore.

We're in NYC now, not too far from the Bowery Ballroom. Bring on tonight!

Aloha,
Brad
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

By the way the tune after Motherwolf is called That Love Ain't Enough. It's one of Brad's new songs. He played it solo a bit. Oh and you missed Get Me With Fuji after Even Rats.
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

Hey bradm and jibooer are you going to post your recordings anywhere?
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

I assume they need to get back to Canada first. I am about to try to upload my room mics from this show right now. If I can't get the torrent going I may need your help again Harry.