SMMD - 4/23 Firehouse 13, Providence, RI

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

bear
From the Gecko

SMMD - 4/23 Firehouse 13, Providence, RI

Soundcheck: Rules

1: Gotta Make It*, I Still Cook For Two*, When a Woman, Roses and Bottles, One Sick Knave, I'm No Good at All, Emily Green, Sisyphus, Get to Heaven (Before I Die), Joelle**, No Rest for the Wicked, Dumbo, If One of Us Should Fall^

E: Everything Must Go, Last One Ever^^, Keep On the Sunny Side^^

* Nathan solo. ** w/ Jocie Adams on Clarinet. ^ The Slip only. ^^ w/ all members of The Low Anthem. Members of the Low Anthem and a guy name Django (?) played drums/perussion throughout the show on various tunes.

what a tour..... thanks again to all musicians involved for an amazing week!
"if there's one thing I know to be true, let what you love be what you do"

http://www.talkingaboutcommas.com
http://www.liesanddreams.blogspot.com
BrentW
Get Me with Fuji

This looks like yet another great show. Did anyone tape this one? Would love to hear it.
lucasdavidsamuels
Through the Iron Gate

so this was an unannounced hometown gig? maybe will get some more
KLUE
Get Me with Fuji

Re: SMMD - 4/23 Firehouse 13, Providence, RI

bear wrote:a guy name Django (?) played drums/perussion throughout the show on various tunes.
Django Cradensa(sp) of Fully Cellabrated Orcastra perhaps. He played on the live show they released 6/12/04
Keep Lookin' Up for Ever
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

This show has probably overtaken Narrows as my favorite of the run at the moment (from the 4 circulating recordings - I was unfortunately on the West coast.) At first I thought it was a little sloppy but I really like where the music goes. Brad's solos are particularly good even though he hits some sour notes he goes a little farther out with it. Marc also is on fire. I feel that sometimes with Davis he can be too restrained, playing the mercenary sideman role. This show he lets it hang out a little bit which is just awesome. I also would have thought their voices would be toast by this point but the vocals are quite good and very harmonious!