Nathan Moore 4/3

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

BrentW
Get Me with Fuji

Nathan Moore 4/3

I am a bit tired and on my way to the grind but I am still glowing from the evening last night. Had to get a few thoughts out. I was a special evening, this one will be in my head all weekend, probably up until I see him again on tuesday (can you picture my pinky in the corner of my mouth ala Dr Evil...).

For those of you who don't know, Montpelier is a small town, Langdon St Cafe is a small intimate place. The minute I walked in I could hear Nathan doing his soundcheck, I could tell I was in for a great time. He opened with Understand Under, then did Talkin Walkin Blues, from there I don't remember the order but he played a new song he wrote the other night in NY, Summer of MyFall, To You, Real World, Shallow, Before You Were Born, Uprotected Sex , and closed with that song about two girls - I've heard it before but the name of the tune escapes me. I most likely missed a song or two. Before You Were born was arranged in a bluesy format. I asked Nathan about it and he said he got that style from the movie 'Black Snake Moan'. His set was real warm, I couldn't help but smile feeling that I was in the presence of a truly talented and remarkable human being.

I would have loved to see more Nathan but he was splitting the stage with Anais Mitchell. I had never heard her before but she had a great voice, very cute, great stage presence, and I enjoyed her set too. Nathan joined for the encore. All in all it was a great evening. I was so psyched to see Nathan in such a small venue, and so close to home too! Can't wait to see him again in Burlington AND with SMMD. April is going to be good to me this year.
Stankdog211
Ambrosia Drunk

Yes, last night was so good! Man, he's got the goods.

Can't wait to see him again Saturday at Parima.
bear
From the Gecko

Two Girls is called Two Girls and Shallow is Hollow. Thanks for the review. can't wait for Parima.
"if there's one thing I know to be true, let what you love be what you do"

http://www.talkingaboutcommas.com
http://www.liesanddreams.blogspot.com
BrentW
Get Me with Fuji

oh I messed up, he closed with a sound about a mouse and a violin (of course with a story).