Super Little last night (Brad & Andrew's band)

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Blane_Montreal
Tenfold

Super Little last night (Brad & Andrew's band)

Great show last night for a rather full room in Montreal. 1:30 set full of very good new tunes and a few standards (Ooh Belle, Sarah through the Wall, Suffocation Keep, Happy Snails, Deacon's Son, etc.).

Was able to get a pretty decent recording of it which I"ll post.

Super Little is:
Brad Barr (vocals, guitar, effects)
Andrew Barr (drums & percussion)
Jeff Louch (keyboards)
Sarah Pagé (harp & backing vocals)
Miles Perkin (upright bass & backing vocals)
chloe
Lion on a Rock

Ooh Yay! blane.... thanks for letting us poor souls below the border in on this.... you're the sh*t. looking forward to giving it a listen...
Blane_Montreal
Tenfold

if anyone can help with the setlist I'd appreciate it. Have been a bit out of the loop with the most recent material
appleofmyeye
Alsoa

Thank you SO MUCH Blane! You're the best!
magpie
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

oh wonderful...
can't wait to hear this, thanks so much!
<i>become...

but remember that you already
are</i>
appleofmyeye
Alsoa

Can somebody help me? I need to know how to convert these files to mp3 or wavs. I've never had to convert RAR's before and am not sure which program to use. Any kind of help is greatly appreciated as I really would like to hear this show. Thanks.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

fourthaye
Lion on a Rock

rar is a compression format like a zip file. you need a program to decompress the files. winrar for windows will do the job I believe. UnRarX on mac will too.
~good energy perpetuates good energy~
appleofmyeye
Alsoa

Thanks guys!!! Yay, now I can hear this! Muah!
Blane_Montreal
Tenfold

harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

I don't know all the tracks but this is what I have:

Disc 1
3. War
4. Monster (a.k.a. Beggar in the Morning)
5. Deacon's Son
6. Sarah Through The Wall
7. Ooh Belle
8. The Devil's Harp
10. Happy Snails
11. Suffocation Keep (actually didn't fit on disc one for me)

Disc 2
1. Let There Be Horses
2. brad's arrest story
3. Nowhere From Here To Go (Nathan Moore)

Thanks for this recording, Blane! It is the first Super Little which I've heard. Sounds like a Brad Barr & Friends thing as not everyone plays on every track except Brad. What is the recording info? Do you have any other Super Little recordings?
Last edited by harrymcq on Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chloe
Lion on a Rock

harry i think you're spot on for what you have there....

still drinkin this one in, and i think, may be very mistaken, but i recall a while back, maybe a year, year and a half ago, nathan moore wrote a song called paper boy which may or may not be track 1. only heard it once back then, and haven't had the chance to cross check it yet, figuring somebody knows nathan's version.

Track 2 i've never heard before but it blows me away and i have it in my ipod as "blacktop bleeding" cause i like the sounds in that phrase, but it's also distinctive as "anastasia's supplements" lyrically. then again, i'm still making out things lyrically, so maybe brad is saying something totally different on both counts. who knows.

track 9 i'd heard before live somewhere, maybe a brad solo show, maybe the one back in oct. at murphy's. maybe. i just distinctly remember my body resonating with those chords. i think previously i've heard it referred to by the phrase "ten long years" which i can make out in the first versish part. still trying to make out 80% of this one. there's some extended "ooo...oooooo...oooo"s too, so.....

so yeah, harry, not sure if anyone knows what these are precisely, sounds like they're still figuring out what they're called, so i'm sure time will tell and we'll all get to go back and rename things on our respective media devices....

and oh to have a version of ?monster? and Ooh Orchestration in Ooh Belle.... total treat to get a Sarah Through the Wall with the Sarah who was through the wall.... many other thoughts as well.... just a total treat to an otherwise blahish day.
Blane_Montreal
Tenfold

recording info is AT853rx (sub-card)>Oade ACM PMD660. Unfortunately it was recorded to hot and has some distortion (as I'm sure you can hear), but it isn't too horrible for most of the tracks.

Thanks for the help with the tracks!
bear
From the Gecko

I am absolutely LOVING this show right now, really hits the spot. would love to know if the previous 2 Super Little shows were recorded at all. I've been calling track 1 "Was That So Long Ago".
Nathan's Song "For the paper Boy" is not one of these tunes. Chloe's right, I think track 9 was played at Matt Murphy's, sounds very familiar to me. Lately, I've only seen Brad at Murphs and the Candy Store, so it was played at one of those two. Is "Beggar in the Morning" now called "Monster"? (not that it was ever officially "beggar....")
Really diggin this stuff...
"if there's one thing I know to be true, let what you love be what you do"

http://www.talkingaboutcommas.com
http://www.liesanddreams.blogspot.com
Blane_Montreal
Tenfold

the other 2 super little shows weren't recorded. I showed up at the 2nd one, and Brad was asking me to record, but I couldn't stay for the show.

Not too many tapers in Montreal, and I'm leaving the country for a few months next week, so unfortunately there won't be many shows recorded.