The Slip - 12.07.06 - Guelph, On

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

sm
Beantown Rocker

The Slip - 12.07.06 - Guelph, On

The Slip 12/07/06
Vinyl Guelph

Airplane Primitive
Even Rats
White Wine and Soda
The Shouters
If One of Us Should Fall
Moderate Threat >
Cowboy Up
First Panda In Space >
Soft Machine
Suffocation Keep
I Hate Love
The Original Blue Air >
Paper Birds
Encore:
Let There Be Horses
Tomorrow Never Knows >
Children of December

EPIC AIRPLANE OPENER!!!!!!!!! no fuckin around, just "here we are, NOW LISTEN TO US!!!" some of the tightest playing from the boys i've seen - they came out swinging pretty hard. brad was the man on this night, he was just on fire, shredding it up all over the place, but never falling out of sync.. working a re-tuning of the guitar into the transition from moderate threat > cowboy up (played the strat for cowboy) was wicked to see/hear, it was just so seamless...

the show last nite in hamilton was pretty incredible, too, but had an entirely different flavour.

i cant wait for tonite... i cant image what they're going to do to us, but im sure it's gonna be great. it might even hurt a little. in a good way.

i'll have a photostory and some more anecdotes to tell when i get back to london sometime tomorrow... i'll post when its all up on the blog.
BrentW
Get Me with Fuji

I'm dying to hear them play 'Tomorrow Never Knows'.....Hopefully they'll be feeling Beatlesque in Burlington...
Luke
Yaki Soba

Yeah this show was THE SHOW. It was amazing to be in my hometown but still out of the whack of shows I've seen this was really strong. Concurring with what Guigs said coming out of the gates with Airplane Primitive seemed like it was a lesson of sorts. I mean they just killed it. Didn't even compare to the same song the next night (although the venue's were very different and the sound may have been really compact and channeled because of the room in Guelph). Can't even get my head around how strong this show was. I was tripping the light fantastic and shadow boxing the apocalypse.
putty
From the Gecko

wow. just listening to this now. it's ridiculous to be able to get a show like this just days after it happened.

if you just step to the side love dies love dies love dies love dies love dies....
qbmc18
Poor Boy

putty wrote:wow. just listening to this now. it's ridiculous to be able to get a show like this just days after it happened.

if you just step to the side love dies love dies love dies love dies love dies....
Howd you get the show bittorent? because Ive always had bad experiences with it taking days to download most shows and some never even finish..Any help anyone?
Wolof will now put you into a deep sleep which you will never wake up from
putty
From the Gecko

usually just after the show gets put up on etree, the seeders get up to about 20+ for a day or two or three. if you get on then, you can get a show in about four hours.

but on etree, sometimes it takes a long long time, for some reason.

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=502387

there are about 10 seeders right now, so you may be able to get it fairly quickly. i'd just download it while you sleep.
soraparuq
Mudslide

BTorrent: can anybody explain why...??

..., though it shows me as a seeder, my end has stopped uploading to other peers?
very strange.
i've stayed logged in to help seed at least 5 shows, but checking again this a.m., and although there are incomplete leechers, nothing is uploading to them, from me?

i guess it depends whether or not their ports are open to the one listed that i'm listening on???? trying to help out, but it appears worthless once my d/l has completed. hmmmm....

on the opposite note, i also don't understand why i can never connect to all seeders? i have a ton of ports open. but maybe it's b/c some folks show they're listening on like 52456 or some insanely high number? why is that?

Well, thanks for any clarification---it's just been bugging me. :) Dana
chloe
Lion on a Rock

*warning* no actual helpful information is contained below...

i too am baffled by the "sense" of a bit torrent. i'm sure some more educated someone will have an actual answer, but i have a theory that the download speed is directly and inversely proportionate to how badly i want that particular show. usually if i'm looking for it to download it will either zero out or give me, like, .3kb/s. i leave the room, go to sleep, run an errand, come back and pow... up in the double digits and almost done... telling the bit client i don't care how fast it downloads has worked in the past (reverse psychology works on most inanimate objects :lol: ) but you have to sound convincing or it catches on quick...
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

A lot of ISP's block 6881-6889(or 6999) because they don't want people using bitttorrent. So if someone is listening at a high port number that may be because their ISP blocks it (or they are trying to be able to communicate with others who are.) I use 49152-3, I read on the Azureus wiki to use ports between 49152 and 65534. 41952 seems to work well for me. I also happen to have 44063 & 10000 forwarded for reasons I forget). Don't forget to set this number in your bittorrent client as well.

One important thing to remember for bittorrent is that if you are behind a router you need to have port forwarding on for the listen port at least as well as having that and 6969 open. You also will need a static IP for your bittorrent machine. One easy to bittorrent is to put your BT machine in the DMZ if your router offers such a thing but it does make your computer much more susceptible to attack though if you do not have a proper firewall configured locally, especially on a Windows PC.
soraparuq
Mudslide

thx a lot!

ok, feelin a lil stir crazy/quirky this xmas night....but, well...i think i can wrap my head around most of that, and i'll try skipping those 6000s and opening the higher #s. THANKS so much!

i'm trying to d/l an SKB DVD right now from Jamcruise last yr, and it's telling me like 80hrs connected to 7 peers....whew...

it IS a Long way to the top, if u wanna rock & roll :wink:

Merry "u would not be the woman that u r if somebody could mend your troubled heart" Xmas, all.
whoa, what a line.
let there be horses is just EPIC.
don't know WHY B took that down from his myspace page...(even) RATS.

Dana

ps---Chloe, u crack me up. that is exactly IT...nail on the head...rapidity of d/l time inversely proportional to desire to hear music :)