Club Helsinki - 10/28/06

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

hoby
Flight of the Peruvian Dragonfly

Club Helsinki - 10/28/06

Here's what went down.
Full review to come.
Gotta crash.

Set 1:
All I Saw Was You >
Children of December
Lost Man in a Foreign Country
"Like The Words to a Little Song" $
Soft Machine
Life in Disguise
Paper Birds
Just Because

Set 2:
Black Telephone *
Wine and White Soda
Vesuvius Fountains
Poor Boy
Suffocation Keep
Baba O'Riley @
If One of us Should Fall

Encores:
Who's in Control of This Little Boat %
More About Me (Slow That Boat) ^

$ No title yet
*Working Title
@ w/ Sweet Jane verse
% Brad taught this to Marc and Andrew in the hallway as they came back out for the encore
^ "Slow That Boat" is the title Brad used for what we've always called "More About Me"

hoby
putty
From the Gecko

wow. i'm pretty bad with song titles. are those all new songs? all i saw was you, lost man in a foreign country, just because, black telephone (obviously), like the words to a little song (obviously), the encore?

and was it just a special night last night, or are they going to start playing two sets more often again?

hope someone taped this.
appleofmyeye
Alsoa

After looking at this setlist, I am at a true loss for words....ahhjhasjdhahdahcja!!!
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

For what it is worth all of the titles that you do not recognize are new songs. Two were played at Narrows the night before. One of the highlights was Baba O'Riley. Marc played 6 string acoustic guitar instead of the rattle on bass that he normally plays for this tune. He raged a nice solo too! The only flaw of the night would be some inattentive audience members. Or better put, a few too many drunk loud people. As usual they were conveniently located right under my room mics. Never fails.
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

who forgot the blow darts?

:P
Stankdog211
Ambrosia Drunk

Last night was great. Good The Slip.
tonygaboni
Beantown Rocker

Cleantone wrote:For what it is worth all of the titles that you do not recognize are new songs. Two were played at Narrows the night before. One of the highlights was Baba O'Riley. Marc played 6 string acoustic guitar instead of the rattle on bass that he normally plays for this tune. He raged a nice solo too! The only flaw of the night would be some inattentive audience members. Or better put, a few too many drunk loud people. As usual they were conveniently located right under my room mics. Never fails.
"One toke? You poor fool! Wait till you see those goddamn bats. "
stephen
Lion on a Rock

I was at Club Helsinki the previous Friday for Club D'Elf and it was packed to the gills, so I was surprised it wasn't the same way for the Slip show - but the weather probably knocked back attendance a bit. This was a beautiful intimate Slip show - more like a relaxing hot bath and good massage than a rock n' roll blowout. Much needed. Thanks BAM!