hsmf setlists

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

torph
Alsoa

hsmf setlists

bear put 'em all in slipbase. epic, friends. epic.
Katie
Invocation

Mmmm... so jelous. I've been listening to a lot of SMMD lately... wish I could've been there. Someone should kidnap Nathan and drag him out here to the other coast. :wink:
francis
From the Gecko

anyone know if the late night camp harry set was announced?
-francis

order your precious swords!
get your free sword catalog!
lumpy
From the Gecko

camp harry was unannounced. Thankfully a good friend ran into one of the camp harry folks who let him know and he left to come and find me and the rest of my camp and let us know the good news.

I showed up during poor boy, and when i have a bit of extra time I'll be sure to post a long winded (or several long winded) high sierra review.

Phrazz, Jon Bahr (sp?), Heather, and maybe even more photographers were snapping lots of photos....maybe we'll get to see some of them.

In the meantime, picture 2 EZ-up's with SMMD huddled in one corner (marc sitting on an ampfacing away from the "crowd", brad and nathan standing right next to each other, and andrew keeping the groove going back in the corner, head down almost the entire time.
bear
From the Gecko

hsmf setlists

wow, i didn't even know this place existed. i feel like such a rook. my name is bear, i like to write down set lists. i'll post them here now too.
Phrazz

High Sierra setlists

I guess we don't advertise SlipLive well enough, but that will change.

Thanks a ton for the setlists, Bear. The setlists are greatly appreciated, especially the ones from Camp Harry. That was a total blastopast! It's hard to explain everything to anyone not familiar with the High Sierra scene, but those who have been to other "pick-up oriented" festivals (Creekside comes to mind) know the magic when a bunch of musicians all meet up for some campsite jamming. This is a great tradition and the intimacy really makes for a special time. Musicians extend into "uncharted" territory and the different combos from different bands have inspiration and creativity that evolves from the challenge of playing with a new combo (well, some have played together before, but many have not).

Yeah, Heather and JB were there snapping away, as was John Chapman, Keyer and some other really great photographers (not just amateurs like myself). I missed Sat. night but caught Fri and Sunday nights, which were stellar performances and super fun times. The Jambasians really know how to kick down a party. The view from atop the RV was stellar (stars above and below, and all around) and hopefully I can get the photos up in a few days (took 1,641 total, so culling and selecting will take some time...I may just pick the top 10 and start there, but even that will take hours).

I'd like to add to lumpy's description that on either side of the pop-ups were a couple of RVs that had dancing fools atop (myself included) and out in the grass field were dozens of people all having a good time, beers or smokes in hand and still wearing festive High Sierra type costumes (feather hats, crazy suits, light-up everything, see photos for more details :) ). The spot was close enough to hear the Big Meadow stage, but not quite in eyeshot. I think it was in the same row as Camp Barbara, but the first two nights I learned to find the beads...then I knew I was in the right spot.

Our camp (near the Llama Lounge) had the benefit of being next to the RV stage (we saw Toubab up there maybe it was Saturday afternoon?). I should have taken notes because even after seeing the photos I'm having trouble figuring out what happened when. The setlists help here as do any notes and the reviews are rolling in on the High Sierra boards.

Thanks to everyone who made this the best festival ever. It's hard to do that from year to year and it takes massive group effort and a spark of creativity and inspiration at many levels. Special thanks to Jambase who set everything up and invited us over to see the best campsite performances in the whole festival.

-Phrazz