Setlist 11-11-2005 Somerville Theater

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

booher
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

diesel wrote:
headnugg wrote:That is fucking funny.
i know how you feel dude. in some ways i feel the same. i would be very very surprised if someone who has been around for a while is going to say their new stuff is better than their old stuff. we all know this. but it is what it is. theres nothing we can do about. we can choose to continue to listen or not, its up to us.

nice debate nugg and booher, if we meet at NYE, a beer on me.
thank you, sir. if only i was 21 :(

but i suppose that we can bypass that...after all, I did at the Stone Church. Magic Hat on draft was goooooooooooood.

NYE is still up in the air for me though.
nfo_

A bit late to the game, but I was at Somerville and have to say I was really disappointed. I last heard them at the Independent in SF over a year ago, when they were already starting to play a lot more rock, and their sound had changed considerably since I had first heard them 4-5 years ago. I didn't mind the new directions then, and really thought it would let them expand their sound - The Slip are nothing if not eclectic.

While the Independent show was awesome, Somerville was just not good. I've come to expect amazing things from these guys, and last month's performance - well, it could have been any random band. It mostly sounded the same, with a few nice moments here and there.

As an aside, I think they should stop playing Cumulus. A song that almost never fails to make me feel good, failed. It doesn't really mesh well with whatever they're doing now anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I still consider myself a fan, have tons of respect for BAM, and will wait around to find out what comes next, but until then I guess I won't be going out of my way for any Slip shows...

Please do yourself a favor and download some SMMD show from this past month. You will not dissapointed.