Syracuse 11/4

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

johnhk4
Beantown Rocker

Re: Syracuse 11/4

link to mp3s? curiosity piqued!

EDIT: it's in the 2005 roundup thread. Will check it out later :-)
John from CT / wheaton college, MA
Kevin_Kjr
Beantown Rocker

wow, yeah would love to hear this
Joe Higley
Lion on a Rock

Wow. Miss Prism. A few months before Eisenhower dropped I borrowed an early promo version of the album with intentional (I think) skips (perhaps to discourage trading) via a friend who was doing street team work on the East Coast. I have always regretted not making a copy of that disc, warts and all. Miss Prism was on there, it sounded very good, and it was my favorite track on the "album." I remember being so excited to hear it for real once Eisenhower came out. Of course, that track was dropped from the final cut and I've always wished I had a copy of the studio version. Great to hear it live, though. I was surprised to see they were playing it live a bit pre-Eisenhower.

I wonder if we'll ever get to hear other Eisenhower-era outtakes, as well as material from the Eisenhower follow-up, which remains as yet unreleased.
Hear Here
Kevin_Kjr
Beantown Rocker

Joe Higley wrote:Wow. Miss Prism. A few months before Eisenhower dropped I borrowed an early promo version of the album with intentional (I think) skips (perhaps to discourage trading) via a friend who was doing street team work on the East Coast. I have always regretted not making a copy of that disc, warts and all. Miss Prism was on there, it sounded very good, and it was my favorite track on the "album." I remember being so excited to hear it for real once Eisenhower came out. Of course, that track was dropped from the final cut and I've always wished I had a copy of the studio version. Great to hear it live, though. I was surprised to see they were playing it live a bit pre-Eisenhower.

I wonder if we'll ever get to hear other Eisenhower-era outtakes, as well as material from the Eisenhower follow-up, which remains as yet unreleased.
if they actually have post eisenhower material that hasnt been released, its been almost 10 years, im not sure it ever will.
Joe Higley
Lion on a Rock

Kevin_Kjr wrote:if they actually have post eisenhower material that hasnt been released, its been almost 10 years, im not sure it ever will.
I think they have a lot. Not sure on the amount of stuff left over from the Eisenhower sessions (e.g., Miss Prism is a good example of something that hasn't surfaced officially anywhere, but Lonely Boy was available for download for a while), but then they recorded lots of new material for what could have been a follow-up to Eisenhower. At one point I heard there was enough stuff for 2 albums, or a double album (this from a credible source in contact with BAM). Word has it they waited too long (possibly because of Brad's and Andrew's move to Montreal, possibly because things began to happen with the Barr Brothers...??) and then were sick of that "old material" by the time they could/should have finished it up for release. Tough to know for sure without talking to them. But I would love to hear some of those post Eisenhower tunes like Motherwolf, Broke the Promised Land, Portrait of a Scientist as a Young Man, Gaunt Debutante, There's A Lie, D'Gary, Vesuvius Fountains, and who-knows-what-else.
Hear Here
Kevin_Kjr
Beantown Rocker

Joe Higley wrote:
Kevin_Kjr wrote:if they actually have post eisenhower material that hasnt been released, its been almost 10 years, im not sure it ever will.
I think they have a lot. Not sure on the amount of stuff left over from the Eisenhower sessions (e.g., Miss Prism is a good example of something that hasn't surfaced officially anywhere, but Lonely Boy was available for download for a while), but then they recorded lots of new material for what could have been a follow-up to Eisenhower. At one point I heard there was enough stuff for 2 albums, or a double album (this from a credible source in contact with BAM). Word has it they waited too long (possibly because of Brad's and Andrew's move to Montreal, possibly because things began to happen with the Barr Brothers...??) and then were sick of that "old material" by the time they could/should have finished it up for release. Tough to know for sure without talking to them. But I would love to hear some of those post Eisenhower tunes like Motherwolf, Broke the Promised Land, Portrait of a Scientist as a Young Man, Gaunt Debutante, There's A Lie, D'Gary, Vesuvius Fountains, and who-knows-what-else.
Theres' tons of songs that never made it to an album. I just am really pessimistic of us ever hearing about the slip again. Maybe a one time thing randomly if the 3 of them got together but with Brad having a wife and kid, and marc on the west coast, dont think its happening.
Joe Higley
Lion on a Rock

I hear ya about the chances being slim, although perhaps the chances are better now than they've been in years. Marc is back on the east coast again. I saw him play in Northampton a few weeks back, at Bishop's Lounge of all places.
Hear Here