R/C Slip Nov 3 Baltimore...

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

tim
The Weight of Solomon

Cleantone wrote:Are you talking about 2004-10-08: The Funk Box: Baltimore, MD as the last one?
yeah...
Cleantone wrote:Confirmantion that they guy will be leaving after the opener. Day job blues I guess. That effing sucks. Macroint is a little bit older (than some, not others) and if you see another taper see if he will/can record BAM. Poop.
we'll see if a couple free shots changes his mind :twisted:
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Actually the latest is that the guy checked out the music, liked it, but has to work in the morning. He might stay. Supposedly DCdirewolf (who has taped The Slip before) might grab shockmounts and other needed items from him and record. Sounds like it will be taped. Maybe there will be other people there too. Wouldn't hurt to talk to them when they are not busy. Have fun.
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

that show was a treat. it really was.

things seem to be clicking. they have a solid set of songs that they know inside and out and they just rock the fuck out when they want as they want. its awesome.

whats really impressive is how marc plays his foot keyboard and plays the bass at the same time. i cant even drink beer at a show without spilling it on myself. guiness stains. :x
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Anyone notice if the taper stayed?
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

dcdirewolf said on graffiti that he taped it.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
RL

He needs a sellist though....guys. I know you have it somewhere. Post it please, pretty please with a cherry on top.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

He's gonna seed it without and we will figure it out then.
RL

Thanks Cleantone! Hey at least we know we'll have the SMMD @ The Knit and the San Diego show. Hopefully Kenny can make it to the Spaceland show too for the slip set there 8)
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

alright, look heres the deal: i dont do setlists. never have, never will. not for the slip, not for any band i see. its just not in my nature. i can barely remember to close out my tab and where i parked half the nights.

phrazz was taking pictures and mingling and tim was.. well, being tim.

so heres what i heard. the * means its in the right spot

set 1.
new tune where they all sing *
paper birds *
gecko
even rats
soft machine
i hate love
dec kids
spanish soda song
moderate threat>cowboy up
life in disguise
new instrumental
modern love

encore
one of us standing

fuck, it was 2 sets. even the encore maybe out of order. but i know it was one song. maybe its switched with modern love. cleantone will figure it out once he hears it, right?

all in all, a very high energy show. it was great.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
RL

You rule Diesel!!!! Thanks for remembering what you remembered...lol. Is all I saw was you the official name of this song now? It's so pretty. Did Marc write that song? Hmmm, I wonder. I like it but it is sad that all he saw was you.....kinda makes it hard to get close to any one else. Lyrics are great...where would we be without them
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

:oops: im actually sort of proud of myself for remember all that. i woke up today humming soft maching to myself. odd.

yeah i do remember those being part of the lyrics.

marc looks funny when he sings. er.. funnier.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
tim
The Weight of Solomon

diesel wrote:phrazz was taking pictures and mingling and tim was.. well, being tim.

Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

"All I Saw Was You" should be the title I think. Where did you hear it Robyn?
RL

I heard it on the Montreal show from 9.30.05.

Thanks Tim and Diesel......from the looks of the minor typos from Diesel and the lateness showing up today from Tim; it looks like you guys had one helluva night :twisted: Yay! can't wait 'til I get my share...just booked my rooms, woo hoo!!!
DCDireWolf
Tenfold

B'more recording

Okay, i taped it, it sounds pretty good, the vocals are tough to make out sometimes, but that's the way the Funk Box/8 x 10 sounds.

I won't have time to master/track it until next week (work and then getting ready to go camping/hiking this weekend in Shenandoah), but it's on the top of my list for then.

Good seeing some of you at the show. Set list looks right except I'm sure Modern Love was the encore.

-Michael.
You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know.