hi everyone, its been a while.

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

torph
Alsoa

hi everyone, its been a while.

greetings to the sliplive community. i have totally neglected my mod. duties for the last 6 months or so. i relocted to San Francisco last summer, spent 3 months looking for a job and am now finally settled, working at jambase and playing music. it was really good to see some familliar faces over the holiday tour. southpaw was bitchin'

i saw a good chunk of the mr. davis run out here and let me tell you it was amazingly good. they just keep getting better and better. anyway, if you want to read about it i wrote a little something on my blog back in november.

http://ogft.blogspot.com/2005/11/mr-davis-saves.html

anway, cheers to 2006! :D
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

Good to see you back around.. and congrats on landing a job for Jambase... What exactly are you doing??
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
torph
Alsoa

sales/marketing.. so if anyone wants to hook with some ad space on JB, I'm the guy to talk to.. Cleantone: I'll cut you a deal.
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

I wonder if Ted K is the guy to talk to also!

thats great, i might inquire
dan
torph
Alsoa

Ha.. poor TK- everywhere he goes people still think he works at JBase.. No TK would be the guy to talk to if you want to get your music on Rhapsody.
Katie
Invocation

Good to hear from you, torph, and congrats on the job. Thanks for the reviews, brings back memories and makes me wish I could've caught some of the last run.

I'm a little sad I missed out on seeing everyone on the New Years run. (My bf and The Slip never seem to be in the same place on that night, and previous years left the tally at 3/5 for the Slip, so I owed him one...) But I'll drop you a line next time I'm out in SF.
etahn
From the Gecko

good to see you back here, fred-I, and good to see you in little c, too.

nice blog, btw. when do the thighs make it in there?
The world really is magic
tim
The Weight of Solomon

hey torph, great to see your name gracing the slip boards once again! glad to hear everything is working out well over on the left coast!
Phrazz

Rhodies Rhock!

Hey Torph,

Congrats on the new gig with the Base of Jamness. It was great to see you at the Lupo's show. Seems like last year now. :) Time flies when you're crackin' brews and jokes. Once again the Biltmore was very good to us! I hope to have some photos up this weekend (Lupo's and NoHo).

Snowball fight got moved to New Year's Day this year. Better snow, too. Things that make you go "DUCK!!!". You got any snow out there? 8)

-Kick it left coast pstyle,

Phrazz

awww you guys are so nice.. phrazz- it was good to see you too. love the holiday antics!! it was good to be on the eastcoast ..

looking forward to getting back into this board, deisel's stellar postings, etc.. i'm working on getting my myspace music page togther.. i have some tracks that cleantone recorded last summer... just have to do a few thing in ProTools this weekend and I'll be gtg with some rough mixes..

Ha! Now I remember why I moved out to CA - its sunny, 60's and JANUARY. Eat your heart out Burlington, VT.
Pablo
Mudslide

torph lives

a balmy 60 and sunny here in ky my friend today. i can hack it for a bit. going to take a midnight walk up to the top of the hill where the confederate capitol once was. does it get any better? potentially.
"Jazz is the teacher, funk is the preacher." -Ornette
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

Anonymous wrote: looking forward to getting back into this board, deisel's stellar postings, etc..
sometimes i feel like a caricature of myself. maybe its time to take a hiatus.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

diesel wrote: sometimes i feel like a caricature of myself. maybe its time to take a hiatus.
Talk to Tim.. he's the man with the plan... :wink:
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver