duo 9/7/05

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

casey
Alsoa

duo 9/7/05

saw the duo last night at river street jazz cafe in plains, pa. awesome show, they played 2 new songs that are untitled. well 3 new songs since they debuted a 'come on falcon' song called "memphis." marco explained that this was their other band where he plays upright bass and joe plays guitar. so joe made his debut on guitar and it was pretty sweet. the song was layed back and had a nice country feel to it. not sure of the setlist but they played scratchetti, becky, sonny's song, mephisto..well thats all I can remember, they encored with myxmatosis. not a very big crowd but then again it was a pretty small venue. great show though
tonygaboni
Beantown Rocker

I went to a show of theirs in new paltz last friday or saturday and it was one of the best ive ever seen. The room was roudy as fuck. They played two sets and a couple new tunes as well, we got to see joe on guitar as well, very nice tune. A lot of energy from the band and the crowd that night.

Dont miss them when they come to you!
tim
The Weight of Solomon

ah damn, i want to hear these new songs sooo bad. 'best reason to buy the sun'(the song, not the album) and the new tune at nugroove are both amazing so i'm i'm thinking their other new stuff will be of the same calibur.

if the duo and the slip both released their next albums on the same day and i only had $15 i think i'd buy the duo's album :shock:

of course i'd also steal the slip's album :twisted:
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

I saw Tammany, both Stone Church, and New Paltz as well. Where were you Tony? I was beat by that time. My mac broke at the second night of the stone church show. Still dealing with it. I was supposed to mix a live album for RAQ and it looks like after all the repairs and output some piano and vocal tracks are corrupt and I'm fucked for it...

The Duo are not even recording until Jan/Feb but maybe we will get to hear that one first... :roll:

I decided last minute to make the trip to new paltz, about an hour drive and ended up being an amazing evening. I was in the back to the right of the mics that were probably yours.

Go take your mac to your local mac store and get it fixed if its still under warranty. Im actually about to take my powerbook in for the second time for hard drive problems. If they cant fix it this time I get a new one :lol:

You still comin out to troy this saturday?
tonygaboni
Beantown Rocker

guest = gaboni
casey
Alsoa

tonygaboni wrote:I went to a show of theirs in new paltz last friday or saturday and it was one of the best ive ever seen. The room was roudy as fuck. They played two sets and a couple new tunes as well, we got to see joe on guitar as well, very nice tune. A lot of energy from the band and the crowd that night.

Dont miss them when they come to you!
thats sweet, weird though. cause marco said it was joe's debut on guitar. did they play memphis?
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

They played Memphis in NewMarket and New Paltz and for about an hour at the stone church. I recorded the rehersal which resulted in my Mac crapping out. I've have it for over three years so it is not warrentied. With the initial cost and all my repairs over the years this thing has my down about $5000. I just now got it up and going 110% and recovered data lost (except the memphis rehersals) Those were my mics, I went to DAT cause I had no mac. Just room mics. Extremely bassy.

The end result is that now I have a 7200rpm internal drive, OS10.3 and DP4. Before I had a 5400 internal drive, OSX.2 and DP3.2.

Depending on my progress with the RAQ mix I will go to Schleigho. Still not sure. I shouldn't but I might.