Barr Brothers- Shoreline Fest, PEI Canada

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Sean Taylor

Barr Brothers- Shoreline Fest, PEI Canada

Disclaimer: Anything marked with a ? is unknown. It may be the right name, the wrong name, or the wrong song altogether. I tried my best.............

Brad was in an awesome mood this weekend. I was delighted to hear the comment that they thought the site was nicer than High Sierra. By the time he took the stage Sunday morning, he was very talkative especially concerning his all night adventures on the beach with Russo.

Brad Barr, Andrew Barr, Marco Benevento (approx. 7:30 pm Saturday)

1. Improv Instrumental?

2. Instrumental? (possibly a song)

3. Soft Machine (The Slip)

4. I Hate Love (The Slip)

5. Decembers Children (The Slip)

I wasn't expecting too much, maybe a full on improv set which would have been great. I knew when they started that this was going to be fun, Marco plays like a kid banging at random keys in his parents living room- totally enthused about every note, smiling and grooving on his seat like a mofo- and was locked in with Brad and Andrew. The opening two tunes were nice, and then they busted out..... Soft Machine was great, my first time hearing I Hate Love and I loved it- and anyone who knows that stupid Hawaiian shirt I have, and saw it tear around the field- knows that I loved the Decemebers Children more than I can put into words.

Brad Barr sat in for one song with The Duo, which was amazing- but I have no idea what song it was, or if it was improv. He played the Gibson SG like guitar (not the hollow body) through a Fender Deluxe if I remember correctly.

Brad Barr solo set (approx. 10:20 am Sunday)

1. Unamplified Soundcheck: The Revolution?

2. Instrumental?

3. Predicting the Rain (Surprise Me Mr. Davis)

4. 74 (The Slip)

5. Before you were Born (The Slip w/ Nathan Moore lyrics)

6. I Hate Love *w/ Joe Russo, and Jeremy Lutes (new Slip song?)

7. I Can't Tell?

8. Leave Me Laughing in the Rain?

9. Paper Birds (The Slip)

Brad pulled out all three guitars for the solo set, but no banjo. It probably wasn't his most techically brilliant set ever, but it was Sunday morning and everyone else was fighting "exhaustion, delerium and hallucinations" so why not him? Before playing I Hate Love, Brad asked the crowd who else had been up all night- followed by no reaction except for the three people he had been up with (come on Brad, we all spent Friday night not sleeping anticipating your arrival); so he said he knew he played this song yesterday, but that he was in PEI so all rules were off, and then proceeded to get Joe to come up and guest (also suffering from a night long beach party) on the second version of the weekend- which was ok because its an awesome song.

Sean
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Sounds great. Anyone record by chance?
Sean Taylor

It will be available within a couple of weeks..... Email me for sure and I can get a copy out to you.

Unfortunately, I am not expecting the best quality- so lets keep our fingers crossed!

I'll trade you for NYE 2004....... Ha ha ha!

Sean
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Right on. Whats your email?
Sean Taylor

tseantaylor@gmail.com

Why don't you come and visit us on the East Coast for Evolve with Surprise Me Mr Davis?

I would be happy to extend a welcome wagon for ya!

Sean
Phrazz

Welcome to the board

Hey Sean,

Thanks for the setlists and feel free to sign up. That way you can post the URL to your home page, have private messages, add your IM and setup a cool Avatar like the other crazies on this board (and others). Let us know if you need any help with this (the Avatars are a little tricky....).
Northern Wish
Tenfold

Done!

I am now a part of this awesome little club.

Now that I am a member, does this mean I get a copy of NYE 2004.

Sean
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Yes it does!! Thanks for signing up. I was wondering when someone was gonna ask for NYE2004... :lol:

Hopefully it will be a short amount of time before EVERYONE gets to hear that show (and some other choice shows as well)
Northern Wish
Tenfold

The goods........

Thanks Cleantone! That is great news. Brad had mentioned something about this to me at Shoreline, but I didn't want to get anyone worked up over the possibilities.

Also the above show, will be in my mailbox shortly- and I will get it out to you right away.

Sean
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

Re: Done!

Northern Wish wrote:I am now a part of this awesome little club.

I think Clinton is holding out for ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!!!!!

If I wasn't already married... I'd say I need a life... course... I guess that means I'm just a nerd.. alright whatever... party on...

sorry.. I haven't been on much... so I gotta get my zings in while I can.... wooo hooo.... :roll:
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver

sean nice setlists but predicting the rain isnt a SMMD song i don't think