Basement Band in Worcester and Burlington

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Jeffro
Lion on a Rock

Basement Band in Worcester and Burlington

Hey All,

My band, Basement Band, is playing a weekend of shows on our way up to Augusta ME where we will be working for the summer. We are a folk rock duo (guitar/loops/vocals and drums/vocals) from Albany, NY. Here's more details on the two dates:

June 17th - Worcester, MA
Acoustic Java
more info: http://www.acousticjava.com/

June 18th - Burlington, VT
Radio Bean
more info: http://www.radiobean.com/

So, if any of you guys and girls are interested in hearing some original acoustic-oriented tunes (and probably a Slip cover or two) come on out!
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

I'd likely check out your Worcester show but I have a gig in NYC that night. Sounds cool!
Katie
Invocation

Cool, I'll try and gather a few people to go to the Radio Bean.
Jeffro
Lion on a Rock

great news katie. I'm out of the country right now but once I get back (the 14th of june) I can e-mail you a couple of mp3s of our stuff to entice your friends.
torph
Alsoa

i'd drop by if i were still in vt. Jeffro: i'm not sure if you are aware, but there is a band in Burlington called "The Basement Band" They've played at the Bean & Nectar's... it may lead to a bit of confusion, but perhaps you'll rope in some unsuspecting patrons who come out to the the VT B.B. and find you guys instead...
Jeffro
Lion on a Rock

torph,

I heard that their was a local band called the Basement Band. I think the venue has us booked as "Basement Band (NYC)" to avoid any confusion. If some folks show up anyway though, hopefully they will be pleasantly surprised.

Also, I am back in the states now so if anyone wants to hear us, send me a PM or something and I can email you an mp3 or two.

Peace,

Jeff
Jeffro
Lion on a Rock

I created a myspace account for Basement Band where you can check out some of our tunes. I hope to see some of you this weekend.

http://www.myspace.com/basementband2
Jeffro
Lion on a Rock

Hey guys,

Bad news.

Due to an unexpected conflict, we've had to cancel these two gigs :(. It sucks cause we were really looking forward to them and had some friends who were planning on coming out. We will hopefully be rescheduling with both venues and will play there sometime this summer. Sorry for the confusion.