Matt Murphy's 4/1 + 4/8 - samba lolo (Boubacar Diabate)

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Matt Murphy's 4/1 + 4/8 - samba lolo (Boubacar Diabate)

April 1st and April 8th - samba lolo
Traditional west african music from mali feat. griot Boubacar Diabate.
This is music to lift the spirits, wash away the troubles and lose yourself in.
w/ boubacar diabate ( vocals, guitar ), mamadou ndiaye ( vocals, filekolobala ), facinet bangour ( balafone ), pete barr ( drums ), grayson farmer ( trumpet ), mike rivard ( bas & sintir ), sergio brandao ( guitar ), steve fell ( guitar ), oran etkin ( flute ), mateja miljacki ( percussion ), mohamed joh camara ( guitar ), andrew barr ( percussion ).
Can't make either of these. I'm looking at getting a taper there though. The one with Androo is the same night as Marc/Marco in the SAME town!!! Pick your Slip member night! I wonder where Brad will be playing that night (j/k)
tasoula
Yaki Soba

Clinton,

That's too bad you won't be able to make this show.. It's guaranteed to be a good time. I actually have a gig that night, but will be headed down to Murphy's afterwards.

If anyone is interested, I'm singing with the West African Drum and Dance Ensemble Friday night (the 1st) at 7:30 at the Berklee Performance Center. We're putting on a killer show so I would definitely come out if you can make it. It's going to be a joyous night of West African music– hope to see some Slip kids out on the town!

-t.