Barr Bros @ The Sinclair, Cambridge

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Joe Higley
Lion on a Rock

Barr Bros @ The Sinclair, Cambridge

11/22/14 -- Great show. I saw them come out of hibernation in June at Rough Trade and although it was terrific to see them live again (and with lots of new material) that show was clearly a warm-up. There were also some sound issues that night that never seemed to get resolved. I know they have been playing almost constantly since then and man, it really shows. They sounded very good last night, and I thought the sound at the venue was great. How The Heroine Dies was my personal highlight. If anyone has notes or a setlist please share. Here's what I recall, in no particular order except where indicated:

Little Lover (opener)
Wolves
Love Ain't Enough
Even the Darkness Has Arms
Come In The Water
How The Heroine Dies
Deacon's Son
Lord I Just Can't Keep From Cryin' (Encore)
Beggar In The Morning
Half Crazy (?...I think)
The Bear At The Window
Old Mythologies
Hear Here
Joe Higley
Lion on a Rock

Re: Barr Bros @ The Sinclair, Cambridge

Oh yeah, there was also a band + crowd Happy Birthday sing-a-long for road (?) manager M. Clinton.
Hear Here
mwred
Lion on a Rock

Re: Barr Bros @ The Sinclair, Cambridge

Fantastic show! They sounded GREAT -- tight arrangements with plenty of room to stretch, great energy, strong vocals. Loved the new expanded lineup of Barrs, Sarah & Andres with Joe Grass on pedal steel and guitar and the bassist whose name I didn't catch. Opener Leif Vollebekk was strong too. Here are some pics: http://goo.gl/mhTsCw