4/12/04 - Dogs on Bikes - Slip Tribute, Providence, RI

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

4/12/04 - Dogs on Bikes - Slip Tribute, Providence, RI

This sounds like fun!

Dogs On Bikes: An Homage to the Music of The Slip
Featuring: Ryan Jalbert, Colin Jalbert, & special guests
Sara Azriel
Saturday April 12, 2014
Fete Music
103 Dike
Providence, RI
www.fetemusic.com
8PM
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

Re: 4/12/04 - Dogs on Bikes - Slip Tribute, Providence, RI

I won't be making it to this one as I'm on the wrong coast anyway and will be on vacation but I wish I were… it would be good to get a good dose of live Slip music! Hope someone records...
booher
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

Seeing how it's a Saturday, I'm going to try to make it to this one, and it shouldn't be an issue. Given the catalog of the band, I'm really interested in the set list. Unfortunately, I don't have any means of recording, but I'll try to peruse for tapers and see if I can exchange some contact info.
macfly
Get Me with Fuji

Cool, anybody want to give away stickers at this? Still have a bunch...booher, I could send you another stack if you want to take that on, or if anyone else wants to do it...
booher

I haven't bought a ticket yet, but I don't see the event listed on the website anymore.... am I just being stupid to the interwebs? I could definitely distribute some stickers if need be. Dunno if you had selling them in mind or if you just wanted to leave them open for the taking?
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

I am pretty confident it is still going on as I have friends promoting it on Facebook, weird that it's not on the website… Wish I could go! Would be great to hear some Slip tunes performed live!
macfly
Get Me with Fuji

Just want to get stickers out there in the hands of Slip family, so free for the taking. But also, I was just now thinking that it might be an opportunity to raise a little bit of money for a good cause. Maybe you could set up a little donation coffee can and offer stickers at like $1-$3 or by donation and then give whatever ends up in there at the end of the night to a local organization or charity. I don't have any connection to Providence but if someone who does or who lives there has a suggestion as for as that goes...
booher

harrymcq wrote:I am pretty confident it is still going on as I have friends promoting it on Facebook, weird that it's not on the website… Wish I could go! Would be great to hear some Slip tunes performed live!
Looks it to me, as well. https://www.facebook.com/events/1409604992622067/

Interesting that there isn't a link to a spot to buy tickets there, though.
booher

harrymcq wrote:I am pretty confident it is still going on as I have friends promoting it on Facebook, weird that it's not on the website… Wish I could go! Would be great to hear some Slip tunes performed live!
Looks it to me, as well. https://www.facebook.com/events/1409604992622067/

Interesting that there isn't a link to a spot to buy tickets there, though.

macfly wrote:Just want to get stickers out there in the hands of Slip family, so free for the taking. But also, I was just now thinking that it might be an opportunity to raise a little bit of money for a good cause. Maybe you could set up a little donation coffee can and offer stickers at like $1-$3 or by donation and then give whatever ends up in there at the end of the night to a local organization or charity. I don't have any connection to Providence but if someone who does or who lives there has a suggestion as for as that goes...
Harry, is Sara your friend? Maybe I can pitch the idea to her or who ever your promoter friend is?
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

booher wrote: Harry, is Sara your friend? Maybe I can pitch the idea to her or who ever your promoter friend is?
No, I don't know Sara. I do know Lara Wahl and Jason Booth though who have been promoting it, though I'm not exactly sure what their role is.