upcoming show...

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

tomorrow in nyc too.
lumpy
From the Gecko

"mine is july, july, july..."
bear
From the Gecko

I don't understand why these shows aren't more publicized. I had no idea - i guess they are on his myspace page though.
"if there's one thing I know to be true, let what you love be what you do"

http://www.talkingaboutcommas.com
http://www.liesanddreams.blogspot.com
Blane_Montreal
Tenfold

I think he just put that myspace post up recently.
Last edited by Blane_Montreal on Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
discofrank
Mudslide

It was so nice seeing these guys play again! Not a Slip or SMMD show but surely the next best thing... It included a lot of the same people (Ladies of the Canyon, Lhasa) as the Baie Deception show last winter at the Corona minus the Patrick Watson & Karkwa guys.

An highlight for me was the song Super Little, which was an intrumental that reminded me of a cross between Wolof and Happy Snails! Amazing polyrythm by Andrew! Also the Nathan Moore song (nowhere from here to go!) as an encore with just the Barr Brothers made me realize i'm goin' to follow these guys projects for the rest of my life... There is something really pure and true about their approach to music that i can really relate to...

I would love to see a Super Little album come out. They have enough strong material to make it happen. I wonder what will be the next project they put their energy in... Surprise Me, Super Little or The Slip. In any case, i'll be there to witness the magic!

Later!