marco trio at revolution hall NY 2/20/08

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

bitchtits
Alsoa

marco trio at revolution hall NY 2/20/08

just got back from the show at revolution hall it was a great time good to see Roo and marco it was my first to see reed and not just off a taped show ill give a review soon
Last edited by bitchtits on Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thrice you have rescued me from falling grace;
once when I was a beggar and you were the rain on my face,
once when I was crippled and you carried me,
and once when the blindness of others taught me how to see.

bitchtits
Alsoa

the opening band i heard was a local one and they were good at what they did, it was a weird mix of STS9, Bob Marley and Rage Against the Machine. Well anyway the boys came out Marco was wearing a shirt that said "everyone loves an Italian boy" and Roo sporting a plaid hunters cap, they came on around 1045ish and opened with the first song of Invisible Baby, "Bus Ride" which Marco rocked out on. I really loved the album when i first bought it and to hear it performed live was a treat. You must be a lion was beautiful it was great to finally hear some Marco piano tunes sans organ. The highlight of the night to me was when they played "If You Keep Asking Me" , Reed was feeling that dark bass riff so much he headed to his speaker on the edge of the stage to rock out to the tune. Andrew Barr was on fire as usual and it was good to see him i hadnt seen him since the SMMD show at Union Hall. The trio threw in a few covers into their songs i remember some pink floyd tune and there was a little Duo tease towards the end of the show. All threes guys have such a presence on the stage this night and all three of the bands these guys root from always put on a good show, so was the case with this night. For this type of music the crowd wasn't that bad, most seemed to know atleast Marco and enjoyed the music. I saw a mic. on the stage and Cleantone was walking around videotaping the show so maybe something will come out recording wise.

all and all i had an amazing time, i will keep rocking the new cd as should all of you and would also like to see Marco Andrew and Reed perform again.

side note it was kinda funny on all the posters and in the paper advertising this show Andrew's last name was spelled Bar!!

peace, Brian :twisted:
Thrice you have rescued me from falling grace;
once when I was a beggar and you were the rain on my face,
once when I was crippled and you carried me,
and once when the blindness of others taught me how to see.

discofrank
Mudslide

Thanks for the review! This show is already up on etree!

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=513365

Enjoy!