Matt Murphy's - Feb. 1, 2005

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Phrazz

Matt Murphy's - Feb. 1, 2005

Heard it on the grapevine that the legendary Timo Shanko is playing with Brad and Androo, joining in on "Tuesday Nights", which of course is sponsored by the illustrious Geoff Scott.

That's tonight, BTW. At Matt Murphy's Public House. (You know where that is.) :D
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

WOW!~ Kick Ass jams. I didn't know Timo ripped so hard on electric bass! They did two sets each about an hour. Pretty much improv as far as I could tell. The only themes that surfaced were Lowrider and Blue Moon! I guess I can put this on archive since it wass Geoff's Public House! Man I wish I lived 7 miles away, not 75! Matt Murphy's is a hidden treasure!
Jeffro
Lion on a Rock

yeah definitely put it on the archive if you can, Clinton. I'd love to hear this. So it was two guitars (Brad and Geoff), bass (Timo), and drums (Androo) the whole time or did Timo play sax as well?
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Yep thats it. I guess Timo started on bass and moved seamlessly to sax later on. I hear he is great on upright acoustic too. He wasn't loud enough at the show though. Geoff either. I told Geoff to turn up twice. The recording is still worth while though.
Phrazz

Tuesday Nights

Aaaaahhhhh....glad you made the trek, Cleantone! Definitely put it up wherever as the other Timo+Brad+Geoff (+Droo and others) I've heard are smokin'ly sick jams. The WERS broadcast they did (I think Rupert on drums) was stellar and one of the few shows I recorded with my Nomad (FM, but on a studio-quality tuner that got a primo signal up on the hill).

Hey, Timo plays bass, too? I thought he was a sax player! :lol: *JK* First time I saw Fully Celebrated I was dumbstruck--I hope they're still getting together. What chemistry there, too. Those cats would play like fingers on the same hand (or maybe like two hands clapping, fingers locking on a rope ringing a huge bell up in a giant tower, with clouds scudding by against the blue sky....where was I?).

Remember the Howling Monkey Horns at the Paradise (and elsewhere)? I hope BAM brings back that power trio. Talk about all-star lineups! They're like a miniature version of Tower of Power, but they fill the room just as well.

Anyhow, regardless of what the mile markers say, Murphy's is just a set away. Maybe you gotta move?

-Keep on rockin',

Phrazz

MATT
Get Me with Fuji

WERS

Phrazz when was that WERS show