Sure do wish....

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

stephen
Lion on a Rock

Sure do wish....

....the Slip felt like playing live again.....
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

Me too!!!!!! I would be such a happy man if they announced some dates, any dates! (but especially ones I could go to...)

Here's to a 3 night run at the Independent in March!
appleofmyeye
Alsoa

Harry,
Where are you getting show information? Can you please share with the class. Thanks!
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

No inside info, just hopes and dreams! :)
appleofmyeye
Alsoa

Right on, I should've known you'd never keep info from us, you're too nice for that ;} While you're at it why don't you wish for a whole west coast tour! Us folks in San Diego haven't seen them here since SMMD played in fall of '05 ;(
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

Some more Cali dates would be awesome as well. They could start up in Seattle and go down the coast...
magpie
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

yeah... dream big!
hit portland, ashland, and arcata before heading to san fran...
:D :D :D
<i>become...

but remember that you already
are</i>
stephen
Lion on a Rock

With seven months without a show and no word from the band, would I be right in assuming the Slip have broken up or is it just a hiatus? Can't help but wonder......
lucasdavidsamuels
Through the Iron Gate

ahaha i think you're jumping to conclusions there
i think they're just taking a break, probably recording some new material and just chilling out, lets be honest they deserve a break
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

I sure hope it's not. I get the feeling they are just kind of burnt out and need to do their own things a little bit. I would be severely bummed if they called it quits and would be more than a little surprised as they certainly have some popular momentum with Eisenhower and Even Rats and Conan and Grey's Anatomy and Bonnaroo and all that...
lucasdavidsamuels
Through the Iron Gate

they fucking OWNED Bonnarooo, that Heartbreaker encore was hands down the best played Zeppelin cover of the weekend, Brad's nailleddddd the vocals and the crowd went insane during the solo. 100% making the DVD if they ever decide to make one (a 2006 DVD would also be nice...)

there's no way theyre calling it quits now
torph
Alsoa

from the jambands.com newswire.....

5 More for the Trio

Marco Benevento has confirmed a series of Northeast’s dates with Tea Leaf Green/JFJO bassist Reed Mathis and Slip drummer Andrew Barr in support of his first solo studio album, Invisible Baby. The trio will hit the road on February 19 at Poughkeepsie, NY’s Vassar College, before making stops in Troy (2/2), Bearsville, NY (2/21), Teaneck, NJ (2/22) and Philadelphia (2/23). Last Thursday, Benevento celebrated the album’s release with the same "friends" during the final night of his residency at Sullivan Hall. The Slip’s Brad Barr opened and later joined the trio for versions of The Duo’s "Mephisto” and Benevento’s “Real Morning Party” deep into their second set. During his opening spot, Barr also cryptically commented on The Slip’s empty tour schedule, saying “I spent half of my life playing in a band called The Slip…those were the best times of my life,” before turning to an empty drum riser to play “Suffocation Keep” (though he later ensured fans in the crowd that, despite his de-emphasis on the band, <b>The Slip "will never breakup").</b> Benevento will perform with Joe Russo at Newmarket, NH’s The Stone Church this Thursday and Friday.
lucasdavidsamuels
Through the Iron Gate

if i remeber correctly i remeber reading somewhere that 2008 was going to see the release of new Slip, Brad solo, and SMMD records....maybe just the last 2 now?
tyler
From the Gecko

torph wrote:Barr also cryptically commented on The Slip’s empty tour schedule, saying “I spent half of my life playing in a band called The Slip…those were the best times of my life,” before turning to an empty drum riser to play “Suffocation Keep” (though he later ensured fans in the crowd that, despite his de-emphasis on the band, <b>The Slip "will never breakup").</b>
that's good to know. I think. I can't really tell.