newsflash: Slip webcast from AllGood!! wee a.m. SUNDAY!!

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

soraparuq
Mudslide

newsflash: Slip webcast from AllGood!! wee a.m. SUNDAY!!

go to:
http://www.iclips.net/

Starting at 1:15a--2am EST Sunday 7/15!!

You've gotta sign up, but it takes two seconds...then you have an acct. & can log in to watch their archived & LIVE webcasts.

the iclips peeps were also webcastin' from HSMF, so some of that may pop up in their archive at some point, hopefully.

very cool stuff....psyched that we'll be able to catch this
Slip set from the Left coast or wherever u may be! so, i can actually "be" there...kinda. yeah. 8) luv, LUV the webcastin' thing...WAVE O' THE PRESENT-FUTURE.

also...SKatdog (aka Ratdog w/ Kimock)!! TONIGHT from 11:30-1am EST!

check it. ;) peace out, Dana

p.s.----btw, the White Thighs & Nathan sounded PHENOMENAL at the Yankee Wed. night....what a treat!
i think Nathan said it was the 1st time he'd done One of Us Standing solo, after someone requested it....Hollywould & Hollow to open were esp. splendid---awww, can't really single anything out, tho, cuz the whole show was! and again Harry the Intrepid was there to capture it!
tyler
From the Gecko

And The Duo from 1:15-2:00...
tyler
From the Gecko

so The Duo was supposed to be on here at 1:15. It is now 1:42 and all i see/hear is some terribly uninspired jamming courtesy of Bob Weir. there was just a terrible cover of Come Together. what i'm trying to say is that the times might be a little off (or a lot off) tomorrow night when The Slip is on here.

and apparently moe. is on before The Slip.

oh god please no.
tyler
From the Gecko

the sweet sounds of Becky are providing a sweet soundtrack to video of some guy disassembling Ratdog's drumset.

and some guy just introduced "the Bienvenido Russo Duo".

AND WHAT THE HELL THE MUSIC JUST STOPPED. and the screen says. "Up Next: Sound Tribe Sector 9".

well this has all been a miserable failure.
putty
From the Gecko

heh. i just saw the guy from sector 9 check his email, and make a trade in his fantasy baseball league, while still making impecable beeping noises. it was SICK!
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

So The Slip is on tonight? Someone should try a capture of audio or video or both if possible.
and some guy just introduced "the Bienvenido Russo Duo".
That used to be pretty common. In fact I have a few posters from one of the Duo+Mike shows (Burlington) in which the artist made that mistake on the poster. Of course they didn't want them sold at all. I grabbed like 5 of them for the laugh.
tyler
From the Gecko

The audio did sound pretty good. at least as good as Bob Weir & Ratdog can possibly sound.

here's hoping other bands aren't complete dicks and stay within their timeslots for everyone's sake. this All Good "one band at a time" thing isn't the ideal situation to be breaking the rules.
tyler
From the Gecko

Cleantone wrote:So The Slip is on tonight? Someone should try a capture of audio or video or both if possible.
is there anyway to capture audio with Audacity? if yes, I could give it a shot.
soraparuq
Mudslide

huh? have we been watching the same webcast?

this thing has ROCKED so far. this is one of the best webcasts i've EVER seen for camera work, sound, clarity, timing, etc.

at least what i've seen, everything has started SUPER promptly as scheduled, to the point of being incredulous for the "jamband" fest scene. i mean, they've had one band set up & start nearly immediately after each other. don't even know how that was possible...switching out gear that fast on one stage.

granted "the Weir(d)" was not up to snuff, but hey, i got SOME Kimock solos which is pretty much all i was listenin' for anyhow.
and what's the matter w/ moe??? i mean, i'm not the biggest fan, but they're soundin pretty decent to me right now, kinda killin' it.....certainly way better than SKatdog's fairly sleepy set (minus Kimock) last night. Franti's set just a while ago was wonderful.

anyhow, i feel very lucky to be able to see/hear this LIVE (from the Leftcoast)!
bottom line: these iclip folks deserve MAJOR props! we're not even paying to see this shit....for now. so, buck up campers.

i wouldn't be surprised if we saw BAM up there promptly at 1:15a.m. EST, shortly!
hang in & Power to the Peaceful,
Dana
Last edited by soraparuq on Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
tyler
From the Gecko

you have to be fucking kidding me. same as last night, except with worse audio. the slip soundtracks people taking apart moe's shit. this webcast is a joke.
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

and the slip just cut out during children of december. People setting up Moe.'s shit with no music track whatsoever :(
macfly
Get Me with Fuji

I'm beginning to think that maybe we heard all the Slip music we're going to hear this evening...
soraparuq
Mudslide

not so enthusiastic about iclips ...NOW

yep, THAT BLOWS.

MAJOR EDIT:
OK...well, yea, SPOKE WAY TOO SOON...they were prompt, but yep, NO VIDEO. they're on the other stage....well, there's the rub...FLUB. why the HECK would iclips list that ALL the bands were on the "All Good" stage and WORSE, AS IF they would actually be webcasting them in their stream list?...MAJOR error.
and NOW, NO AUDIO either, they just cut the feed. WHAT A TEASE...was sooo looking forward to this webcast, but did think it odd, i guess, originally, that no one had mentioned it before.
ok, NOW, i'm pissed.

i mean, c'mon...if you're gonna do it, then don't false advertise & mis-inform. it's NOT TOUGH to get the facts straight & present correct info, ESPECIALLY if you want people to continue to tune in & you're tryin to build some web-biz. how ARE they doing/funding this stuff anyhow, not selling anything, btw....trust fund kids??? i mean, what's the biz model/revenue here? cuz at this rate, i sure don't see it.

still standin by that i was glad to see what i've been able to, but just can't get over that they listed these bands like they were gonna webcast them, then didn't. a BIG wtf?
sorry to get your hopes up, kids, but it sure looked to me like they'd be on. :(
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

screw iclips. I just sent them an email. I'd recommend that you do the same if you wanted to see the Slip tonight....
tyler
From the Gecko

harrymcq wrote:screw iclips. I just sent them an email. I'd recommend that you do the same if you wanted to see the Slip tonight....
Just did.

To quote Walter Sobchak, "...fuckin' amateurs..."