2007.06.23 Slip @ Middle East

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

MATT
Get Me with Fuji

Upon further consultation, MIS>SOX was infact how it started according to those i was there with...
kate9487
Mudslide

i have to agree with what everyone has said about the middle east. it just doesn't seem like a good place to play music, the room doesn't seem like it was made for music to sound good. i have to say, boston shows are my least favorite to go to. i'd much rather be in providence/fall river and even though northampton 2 hours away from me, it's worth the drive and i'll take that drive over boston any day. talking to andrew before the show, it just sounded like the guys missed being able to look out into the entire crowd since the paradise is so shallow. being up front i felt like i couldnt hear the vocals well, but i don't know if it was like that in the rest of the room as well. i was happy they came around the area though, i needed my summer slip fix. :) andrew also said they were trying to add a date in july in the area, but who knows. can't get my hopes up yet. watching the fully celebrated orchestra i was inspired enough to want to learn how to play the saxophone, anyone have any ideas on where to find/borrow a sax?
stephen
Lion on a Rock

The Middle East downstairs was originally a bowling alley. True!
chloe
Lion on a Rock

uh..... sorry i haven't been to the internet since the show.... i have a good reliable setlist written on a band-aid and the back of a receipt..... but it's at home....
hang tight.... though, the setlists that were posted seem like as great a show as the one i saw was....
MATT
Get Me with Fuji

thanks chloe looking forward to it. [/code]