Indy night 2

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

magpie
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

ohhhhhh yes,
i'd love to travel more to see the slip. if only i could afford to do so.

honestly, there aren't many bands these days that i'd travel to see to begin with. it's just too far and too costly. but that's what i get for living where i do...

now, if only we could get the slip (and/or smmd) back here in arcata sometime... :D
<i>become...

but remember that you already
are</i>
sm
Beantown Rocker

Is it possible that I heard my new favorite Slip song on Saturday? (There's a Lie, the one where Marc took a guitar solo that made yer jaw drop).
nice! i loved reading that - i think marc's guitar playing deserves more respect, and i'm a huge fan of that There's A Lie tune, as well.

those 2 shows sound like quite the time - making me antsy for this little ontario run in a couple weeks!
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

torph
Alsoa

wow, thanks harry, and all y'all for your kind words. our 8 and a half minutes up there was slightly nerve-racking, but an honor nonetheless. i should mention that on sat. evening tim was not only the slip's tour manager and the club's resident house manager, but he played too. that's the definition of a true human machine.

i just came from andrew bird at the fillmore. pretty good show.. any thoughts on that dude??

time for bed :arrow:
appleofmyeye
Alsoa

Harry thank you so much for taping and getting them up here so fast!!!!! you are the best.
soraparuq
Mudslide

Andrew Bird is the MAN

(even) rats....
wish i woulda known he was there.
but, i was lucky to hear him, literally w/ a birds eye view, above the stage at the Great American the last time around...this past fall.

He's AMAZING. The looping he's able to pull off is incredible, as is his violin playing, AND he has a wonderful voice & is a great lyricist. not to mention pretty prolific.
Really right up there w/ BAM as being one of my favorite musicians.

He literally has his studio in a silo on his farm in Elizabethtown, NW IL...on the Mississippi River. I had the pleasure to meet him once briefly when he played a small show at Largo in L.A. where Jon Brion often also plays. He switched back & forth all night between the violin & guitar. My friend & violin teacher at the time had told me of him, we went, & i was simply blown away.

I liked him in the Squirrel Nut Zippers too.
definitely, check him out, if u haven't...

Dana

ps---really cool BAM's playin the Tribeca Film Fest tomorrow! :wink:
appleofmyeye
Alsoa

Cowboy Up

I just have to say, this 'Cowboy Up' is one of the strangest I've ever heard! Notice how layered it is towards the end, kinda like my mentality was that night...lol

Anyone else notice this?