West coast setlists?

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

bear
From the Gecko

West coast setlists?

come on people where are they? I'll have the independent up for y'all that care next weekend.
"if there's one thing I know to be true, let what you love be what you do"

http://www.talkingaboutcommas.com
http://www.liesanddreams.blogspot.com
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Seattle report

1. All I Saw
2. Even Rats
3. Airplane
4. Gaunt Debutant
5. Portrait of a Scientist
6. Suffocation Keep
7. Soft Machine
8. There's a Lie
9. Ooh Belle
10. Wolof
11. December
---
12. Encore is either Life in Disguise or Moonlight Mile
tote
Get Me with Fuji

Doug Fir Lounge, Portland, 4/23

1. Portrait of the scientist as a young man
2. Soft Machine
3. I Hate Love
4. Even Rats
5. Gaunt Debutante
6. Broke the Promised Land
7. Suffocation Keep
8. Get Me With Fuji
9. Airplane Primitive
10. Let there be Horses/ "mary"
--------------------------------------------
11.Black Telephone
12. Children of December

Can I just say a few words? The reason I go to slip shows is to escape the bonds of reality. The music is alright, it kind of speaks to me, and the boys are great. But there's alot of musicians that can boast that much who I'd rather watch a movie than pay to go see. The slip are capable of the big bang. They haven't done it yet (to my knowledge). But they've been close. Real close. Last night was one of those nights.

What is the big bang, you might inquire. Simply put, an audience-band explosion of pure consciousness, a release of sonic energy specifically directed at creating a new epoch in one defining moment. In order for this to occur, the spirit of music must enter the room through the ears of the listeners, and then be obeyed unconditionally by the members of the band. Not an easy task, to be certain, this tightrope act, especially in the dark ages of early 00's Amerikkka. And yet, time and again, both literally and metaphorically the band has made it clear, without ever saying a word about it, that this is their aim, this is their non-paper bird.

Well, the moment for me was during Black Telephone, the band exploded with this spontaneous energy and just started to speed up and increase the volume, causing the room to practically shake at its foundations. the whole thing was clearly improvised, and talking to Andrew afterwards confirmed this, but all I can say is, WOW. Everyone was blown away by that jam. I guess what I'm saying is, you never know what song, what show, what point of the night that explosion may occur. Maybe it already has with them (probably) and I just wasn't around to witness the magic. But the magic I HAVE witnessed far outshines that of almost every other ban, and for that reason, I am blessed to be a fan.
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
putty
From the Gecko

awesome
chloe
Lion on a Rock

that was perhaps one of the best reviews of anything i've read anytime anywhere..... not that any new barriers in language were broken through, and that's not to say that it wasn't a lovely read (cause it was...) but i spend too much time wondering if others strive for that moment too, if it's worth it, why i can't seem to not try, where it comes from, why i'd give anything for just the chance to again reach for it, why so many have and still do, through whatever medium presents itself as the instrument of expression, and i'm trying to figure it all out, i swear, so it's nice to hear those words from your pen (or keyboard... whatever) yep.... that one moment.... i've lived my whole life in belief of it, mostly blindly, and then with blinders on i'm afraid, but even though i've been there as that whatever it is is made manifest, hearing someone else say it was, that it simply was.... well.... the sun came out in boston at last and i just read that, so, looks like at least one person on this whirling world is sleeping well tonight....

peace everyone
chloe
magpie
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

sweeeet...

you're right on with that, tote.
and i'm right there with you...

so,
any tapers? anyone? beuller?
<i>become...

but remember that you already
are</i>
appleofmyeye
Alsoa

NICE setlist and review...woo hooo!!!! I'm siked! I feel like that at practically every slip show I've been to. This is the reason why I come back and this is also why The Slip has filled the void for me after Jerry died....I'm just being honest with you.

So, I'll be in SF this weekend. I didn't know you were visiting the west coast Tote, hopefully I'll see you there ;}

Safe travels all
torph
Alsoa

nice one tote! now there's a review i can appreciate. no bullshit. :lol: