Revolution Hall - 3/21/07 - Full Review

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

magpie
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

overhearing two young girls who were looking at a Beatles record. One of them says to the other "You mean, Paul Mcartney was in another band before Wings?"
wow.
what i find shocking, though, isn't that they didn't know paul was in the beatles (although i find these days that pretty much everybody knows the beatles), but that this girl was familiar with WINGS?!? huh? what crazy planet did she grow up on anyways?
<i>become...

but remember that you already
are</i>
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

magpie wrote:
overhearing two young girls who were looking at a Beatles record. One of them says to the other "You mean, Paul Mcartney was in another band before Wings?"
wow.
what i find shocking, though, isn't that they didn't know paul was in the beatles (although i find these days that pretty much everybody knows the beatles), but that this girl was familiar with WINGS?!? huh? what crazy planet did she grow up on anyways?
My dad used to tell that joke when I was a kid, I think it might be more of a 70's/80's thing when Wings was actually popular.
hoby
Flight of the Peruvian Dragonfly

harrymcq wrote:My dad used to tell that joke when I was a kid, I think it might be more of a 70's/80's thing when Wings was actually popular.
No, man, I swear it really happened to me.

And back in the day, Wings was more than just popular, they were HUGE. I never cared for them that much myself, but they were inescapable.
Riner79
Neube

Wasn't at this show, but I was at Rev. Hall the next night for Assembly of Dust as a snoe.down warmup!
Talking with the owner on Thursday, he didnt' seem too happy about the lack of attendence... "If I knew they were playing snoe.down, I wouldn't have booked 'em the same week", were his words. Personally, I prefer private shows! :wink:
hoby
Flight of the Peruvian Dragonfly

Riner79 wrote:Wasn't at this show, but I was at Rev. Hall the next night for Assembly of Dust as a snoe.down warmup!
Talking with the owner on Thursday, he didnt' seem too happy about the lack of attendence... "If I knew they were playing snoe.down, I wouldn't have booked 'em the same week", were his words. Personally, I prefer private shows! :wink:
That was probably Greg Bell, the promoter. I had the same conversation with him the previous evening before the show. He was also disappointed that BAM insisted on bringing their own opener rather than letting him slot a local band.

BTW, I asked him about the 21+ designation and he was taken aback. He said it was not really a 21+ show but they needed to say that in certain places (their own web site?) at the last minute because of insurance problems. Not sure I understood the whole deal, but...
soraparuq
Mudslide

WOW, Hoby, that was ALMOST as good as bein' there

Thank you so much for your stupendous review, for sure! (& also glad they healed ya, por supuesto!)
I think i'm gonna HAVE to try the one handed ladder climb now, but, fortunately, i guess, i have no highly valuable instrument to carry up w/ me. ;) yeah, chloe, i was w/ ya....on the edge of my seat readin' that one. Whew.
and, I'm not Jewish (that I know of), but the worryin thing certainly seems to run in my family, & many times I think I must have some lost ancestors. :wink:

I, likewise, have been a lil' absent for a while here, it's tough to live vicariously....while all y'all were enjoyin all the East Coast action, and we were left far away out here, high & dri, on the left coast...but hey, BAM's comin' back around, finally, & I am READY & PSYCHED!

Sounds like the Eastern tour went really well though. I actually just heard Lazlo Hollyfield? open for Robert Walter, Donald Harrison, Brian Jordan, & Mike Clark last Fri, and kept thinking, man this band really sounds familiar....a ha-moment came at one point talkin to their lighting guy, when he told me they opened in Ithaca for BAM. The lead guitarist even had a similar playing style to Brad, which is what got me thinking. Anyhow, i dug them...rather Pink Floyd-y throughout. too bad they didn't get to do the SEast shows.

well, happy return of April, all, & the full moon,
Dana
ps-----Still can't get over "they gotta be the late-show band" discussion, and then like a week later...voila....CONAN!