Tune In to WERS on the 23rd 9:00am

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Tune In to WERS on the 23rd 9:00am

http://www.wers.org/events/?id=173
Join WERS on Friday, February 23rd at 9 AM as we welcome The Slip to the WERS studios. They'll be playing three songs off their new release Eisenhower and answering questions about their latest surge of success. The band recently made their debut on network television on February 5th with a performance on Late Night with Conan O'Brien.

Later that night, come check out the band perform a full set as WERS Welcomes The Slip to the Paradise Rock Club. Come hang out with members of the WERS Street Team and on-air talent all night long.
hoby
Flight of the Peruvian Dragonfly

Suffocation Keep
Even Rats
If One Of Us Should Fall

All 3 were well played. Interviewer was annoying but BAM handled things pretty well. They're obviously getting the hang of this interview thing.

Question: "Why that album title?"
Answer: "Why not?"

Question: A great president?"
Answer: "That too."

Question: What's next for the band?"
Answer: "Culinary School."

Favorite moments:
1) Talking about playing Even Rats on Guitar Hero
2)"...and we say 'You're a Freak' ".

hoby
kate9487
Mudslide

In all fairness...

I agree, the interviewer was annoying, but in all fairness he sounded really excited, so I'm sure he was a huge fan and intimidated by the greatness in front of him. It was nice to hear them on the radio, although the band always sounds better with a live audience in front of them.
hoby
Flight of the Peruvian Dragonfly

Re: In all fairness...

kate9487 wrote:I agree, the interviewer was annoying, but in all fairness he sounded really excited, so I'm sure he was a huge fan and intimidated by the greatness in front of him.
You're probably right, Kate. In all fairness I should say that after working in radio for more than a decade a while back, I am an unforgiving, and at times unreasonable, judge of on-air technique.

hoby