Avalon

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

drewry
Cumulus

Avalon

pretty sure this was the setlist:

Airplane/Primitive (brad broke a string)
Even Rats
If One of Us Should Fall
First Panda>Soft Machine
Let There Be Horses (listed as "Mary" on Brad's setlist)
Children of December

Jacket was amazing. is it bad that my ears are ringing?
you know our love will not fade away
hoby
Flight of the Peruvian Dragonfly

Re: Avalon

drewry wrote:is it bad that my ears are ringing?
It's hard to know if you're joking or just commenting on the volume levels at the show or what, but if you're asking the question seriously, the answer is a serious "YES."

I won't get into my usual long-winded rant about this stuff now, but please take it from someone who is paying the price:

YOU NEED TO PROTECT YOUR HEARING AT LOUD SHOWS.

Never mind those who talk about "muffled" this or "losing the highs" that. Not hearing every iota of screeching high-end is a small price to pay for not having that ringing ALL THE TIME.

There's plenty of info about this available on line, so I'll stop.

Glad the show was good.

hoby
headnugg
Invocation

I missed most of the Slip due to finding a ticket on the mean streets of beantown. The only scalper wanted $60 but then on my way back to the car(I gave up) I found two kids with an extra. So I got it. For maybe the last 2 or 3 songs......I guess Jim James didn't sit in?......

MMJ was good as always, yes they are loud.

Sat night only confirmed for me how much I hate shows at the Avalon, especially sold out shows. It's packed so tight in there you can barely move. They start the shows so early so they can get the dance club going by 11. I don't know why some bands have settled on Avalon as the place they want to play when they're in Boston.....MMJ, YMSB, etc......lame..........

Good show tho......
Give us the Teachings of His Majesty, we don't want no devil philosophy.
tim
The Weight of Solomon

headnugg wrote:The only scalper wanted $60
i heard upwards of $150 a ticket for the philly show :shock:
headnugg wrote:Sat night only confirmed for me how much I hate shows at the Avalon, especially sold out shows. It's packed so tight in there you can barely move.

the only thing that sucked about philly was the crowd of 2,500. mmj hadn't even taken the stage before i vowed to never return to the electric factory for a sold out show. great club, just not when it's packed to the brim. i left to take a piss(i opted to use a toilet, but others thought pissing on the floor was acceptable) and get a water midway through the mmj set set, and when i turnt to leave, i knew there was no way in hell is was getting back up front. just getting to the back of the club was a hellish adventure(the place has a horrible layout in terms of access to necessities). it just doesn't seem right to put crowds in that situation. there's only so much a person can take before the environment turns them seriously agro. i think a capacity of around 1,500 is suitable for a big club. if more than that is expected, i think it's time to look towards the field houses of local universities.
Last edited by tim on Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

talk about a fire hazard