appalachian brewing company.

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

francis
From the Gecko

appalachian brewing company.

just noticed there was a show going on 11/29. can't fucking wait. was this announced just recently?

and i believe it's free?
-francis

order your precious swords!
get your free sword catalog!
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

Re: appalachian brewing company.

francis wrote:and i believe it's free?
:shock: fuck, that did it. im going to be a zombie at work that week.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
tim
The Weight of Solomon

i'll be there.
francis
From the Gecko

they said all shows are free unless otherwise noted. well there's nothing about tickets on the slip's site and it's not even posted yet on apc's site. it said that they usually only have one ticketed show per month and there's already been one. who knows. i'm there either way.
-francis

Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

I sometimes miss that I don't live in Allentown anymore.. :cry: I could have hit the philly shows and the appalachian brewing company shows... :( Oh well.. I'll just have to wait till spring tour...
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
francis
From the Gecko

so i guess the show is $15/$20. quagmire swim team opening. doors at 7. 21+

http://roundtablepresents.tickets.music ... endar.aspx
-francis

pnewman33
Poor Boy

Yea, i can't wait to go, it should be awesome, but do you seriously have to be over 21 to go? What's up with that?Is it just because it's at Appalachian?
francis
From the Gecko

since it's a bar, and in pa, you need to be 21+
-francis

tim
The Weight of Solomon

even rats, mudslide, sleepyhead, airplane/primitive, the shouters, if one of us should fall, first panda in space>soft machine, i hate love, moderate threat>cowboy up>74, let there be horses, original blue air>paper birds, children of december.

e: not certain of title

i'd like to write a book about last night's set but my net connection crapped out so i'm on limited time at the local library. basically last nights show was a rager, the best i've seen since NYE '04. every song hit moments that were just huge. it was obvious their previous nights with MMJ had a big impact on their overall sound last night. might be a bold statement, but i can't remember the last they sounded so big and especially in a place so small. they brought that big club bombast and turnt that little joint out, their confidence and swagger spread out over the dance floor as everyone just totally got down. they were like some raging lovechild of zeppelin and u2. if you've in any way been dismayed about the slip's current direction, i encourage you to give them another shot. after last nights' show, i just can't help but think that now more than ever these guys are moving into the prime of their careers and the best is truly yet to come.
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

i feel that some people judging by strictly the song choice make statements that they don't enjoy the music the slip are presenting. People are entitled to their opinions but this notion detracts from the truth that these three men are producing some truly spectacular performances.

Each time i hear a version of a song i have heard countless times before something new comes out. Same layer or magic Marc pulls out of his sleeve graces me. They bring the energy, so don't close your mind. They still are building their sound and i am convinced that greater success is right around the corner with new influences and abilities...

With that said, I cannot wait until Saturday. I am due.

-Dan
hoby
Flight of the Peruvian Dragonfly

tim wrote:even rats, mudslide, sleepyhead, airplane/primitive, the shouters, if one of us should fall, first panda in space>soft machine, i hate love, moderate threat>cowboy up>74, let there be horses, original blue air>paper birds, children of december.

i'd like to write a book about last night's set but my net connection crapped out so i'm on limited time at the local library. basically last nights show was a rager, the best i've seen since NYE '04. every song hit moments that were just huge. it was obvious their previous nights with MMJ had a big impact on their overall sound last night. might be a bold statement, but i can't remember the last they sounded so big and especially in a place so small. they brought that big club bombast and turnt that little joint out, their confidence and swagger spread out over the dance floor as everyone just totally got down. they were like some raging lovechild of zeppelin and u2. if you've in any way been dismayed about the slip's current direction, i encourage you to give them another shot. after last nights' show, i just can't help but think that now more than ever these guys are moving into the prime of their careers and the best is truly yet to come.
<drool, drool>

Any tapers?

hoby
soraparuq
Mudslide

ditto, drool, drool

man-o-man....
that does look, sound & taste like a freakin awesome show! hope we can hear it someday.
&
LUCKY that "higher echelon jambase crew" that get to tour cross-country w/ the slip. 8)
tim
The Weight of Solomon

hoby wrote:
tim wrote:even rats, mudslide, sleepyhead, airplane/primitive, the shouters, if one of us should fall, first panda in space>soft machine, i hate love, moderate threat>cowboy up>74, let there be horses, original blue air>paper birds, children of december.

<drool, drool>

Any tapers?

hoby
yes, there was a taper. i dropped the ball though, by the time i even thought to maybe chat with him he was gone :x he was also taping the opening act so i'm not sure who he was mainly there for. trust me man, i really would like to hear this again! might be a good idea to keep an eye on the message board for quagmire swim team over the next couple days...