Narrows OCt 27

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

johnhk4
Beantown Rocker

Narrows OCt 27

Siiick show. setlist included Life in Disguise, moderate threat-> cowboy up... hmm there were some more good ones too. Paper Birds, Airplane, even rats, children, soft machine, i hate love were all in the sets somewhere. Oh!! and this new song that they opened with a debut, that is without a doubt one of the coolest things you'll ever hear. Kids of December was alot of fun tonight, and the encore was sleepy head and before you were born... with a rippin solo from brad, showin his jazz chops off reall well. More show highlights came during another new acoustic numebr before life in disguise that was really nice. This guy really wanted to hear Eube.. he made a sign and everything, and I wanted it for him, I'll admit... he was a very persistant cheer/requester, so marc in a quiet way told him "yeah, but thats not on the new album". Fuji was great, in the first set - a drunken girl had to literally be pulled off stage (during fuji)... she just had to rub her ass on Brad, so silly. the narrows is so awsome but that alcohol thing can lead to some annoying drunks once in awhile. lots of fun on the whole, im sure a better setlist and notes for this show will be up soon, but right now its that post-show high/tiredness that will screw a person up for work in the morning! gotta love it though

show MVP(s): the opening song still untitled, tied with marc's new bass... some kind of guild semi-hollow body fretted masterpiece of instrumentation.

-john

p.s. Apparently some albums came early in the mail, so many were sold tonight! can't believe it...
John from CT / wheaton college, MA
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

wow new song awesome,

So did cleantone make it out there? Everyone have safe travels tonight; I hear the winds will be rough, especially near the mountains.

=dan
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

Re: Narrows OCt 27

thanks for the review. sounds like a good show, and im really curious to hear about the opening track.
johnhk4 wrote:p.s. Apparently some albums came early in the mail, so many were sold tonight! can't believe it...
i hope that included you. :)
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

10/27/06: Narrows Center For The Arts: Fall River, MA
Set 1: New Vocal #1 "Words to a Little Song", Soft Machine, Airplane/Primitive, Even Rats, Get Me With Fuji, Sometimes True to Nothing> I Hate Love
Set 2: Paper Birds, New Vocal #2 "Black Telephone", Life In Disguise, Moderate Threat> Cowboy Up, The Shouters, Children of December
Encore: Sleepyhead, Before You Were Born
hoby
Flight of the Peruvian Dragonfly

Cleantone wrote:10/27/06: Narrows Center For The Arts: Fall River, MA
Set 1: New Vocal #1 "Words to a Little Song", Soft Machine, Airplane/Primitive, Even Rats, Get Me With Fuji, Sometimes True to Nothing> I Hate Love
Set 2: Paper Birds, New Vocal #2 "Black Telephone", Life In Disguise, Moderate Threat> Cowboy Up, The Shouters, Children of December
Encore: Sleepyhead, Before You Were Born
Aaargh! The complete list of songs I want to hear them play includes everything they've ever played, but the short list of things I would have particularly enjoyed hearing tonight included Shouters and I Hate Love.

:idea: Guess it's time to go to Plan B: The Obscure Stones Cover Gambit!!! :idea:

:twisted: 8) :twisted: 8)

hoby
appleofmyeye
Alsoa

Woo hoo! Sounds like a GREAT show! I'm stoked about the 'Moderate Threat'> 'Cowboy Up'.......I still look forward to dancing to 'Cowboy Up' live. Damn and two new songs, oh I'm so excited ;}
johnhk4
Beantown Rocker

also forgot to mention that marc played along with the funky cowboy up sample for a sec
John from CT / wheaton college, MA