Brad Barr 2005-01-17 Matt Murphy's Pub Brookline, MA

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Brad Barr 2005-01-17 Matt Murphy's Pub Brookline, MA

Brad Barr

1/17/05
Matt Murphy's Pub
Brookline, MA

one:
74 *
Sometimes Wine
Wonderful World (inst) [Not Louis Armstrongs]
"fingerstyle" (inst)
"Life in Disguise"
I Hate Love *
"Ten Long Years" *

two:
Suffocation Keep *
Sometimes True to Nothing *
Lonely Boy *
Paper Birds *
Before You Were Born *
Lemonade *
The Woods *
Ashland
If One Of Us Should Fall *^
E: "2:20AM Hoedown"

* with Andrew Barr on percussion (or little organ)
^ with Matt Rudnicki on vocals
"" Tunes I have no name for...
So this was a really good show if you couldn't tell be the setlist. Set two was practically a Slip show (no offence Marc). C'mon look at the setlist!!! Andrew had his big box thing, drumpad, a cymbol, tambourine, that little organ, and various shakers and sound makers... The encore was basically everyone who was left clapping and hootin and hollarin' I had already started packing down so that one is lost to the ages...
Anyone know how to get pictures off of a cingular phone? I just got the thing and have only figured out how to take em...
Last edited by Cleantone on Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
etahn
From the Gecko

I think it depends more on your particular phone/calling plan than provider. Mine has a usb port, and I scrapped my way into the proper software. If you've got not port, and no picture-mailing privileges from cingular, you've probably got no game.
The world really is magic
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

I know I can send the pics and videos to other capable phones. I really hope theres a way to dump them to a computer too though.

I have a Motorola V551 GSM if that means anything to anyone...
etahn
From the Gecko

I Googled Motoral v551 usb, and found your cable (it looks pretty specific) for around $20 shipped. If you get stuck looking for the software, let me know and I might be able to post it for a limited time. Its pretty small, but I think they're trying to get like $30 for it. This is assuming of course that since your phone is motorola, it will use the same motorola software as mine. Pretty safe guess, I think.

Google is your friend.
The world really is magic
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

http://www.cellphoneshop.net/usbdacaformo3.html

I just found this one with no software... I might prefer to buy one at a store though. I gotta play with this phone more. I got a couple short clips of video but can't figure out if your able to record for longer that a few seconds at a time. It's obviously really compressed footage.
Del
Beantown Rocker

That setlist makes me drool with glee! I am so tempted to hit up Brad's solo show in VT on the 29th, unfortunately there are two pretty good shows here in Ottawa the same night... The Rheostatics are doing a one time performance of their "Group Of 7" album on the Rideau Canal, and Burt Neilson Band is playing two sets a couple of hours later... If I didn't have some friends coming up for these two shows I'd be all over the VT show...
"I figured out what I'm good for, making anything look better" - Ugly Casanova
Phrazz

Phone Pix

My guess is you can forward them from the phone to your email. Try to look at a pic then hit menu to examine your options. I know phones can send Pix to other phones, so why not an email box?
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

I just tried that but it doesn't seem to be an option. I think if I had "bluetooth" somthing or other it may work. As of now I don't have it. I think I'll get that cable though. I figured out how to take longer videos but not untill today. The few i grabbed last night are like 3 sec or something...
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

service

what service is it, maybe you said it above, but services like verizon you can send it to their place like my phone area. take forever to upload. you can also get a chord like they said.
tim
The Weight of Solomon

i'm hoping brad plays a solo show closer to us in the south, seems like the farthest south he makes it on his own is NYC. i'm not opposed to going to NYC but it's not always convienent because between gas, tolls and parking it costs an arm and a leg just to get there. maybe a solo gig at the tin angel in philly??? i'd def travel for that. leslie and kaki both play there all alone. anyway, i'd really love to see a solo gig of his, never have before. :cry:
torph
Alsoa

cleantone rides to VT 4 his buddies

thanks 4 the setlist Cleantone... and congrats on the livephish gig!!! i hope that you at least contemplate coming up to rage with us 4 the weekend of the 28th-29th-30th.. you know whats going down fri./sat., but you should also know that the Secret Machines are playing at Higher Ground on sunday. Nothing like a sunday night rock n' roll show. Hopefully you aren't tied up. we LoVe cleantone n Burly-town.. & we need you, so- make the necessary arrangements! Good tidings, -torph

ps. see you in VT :lol: