putting a name to it..

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Colin
Flight of the Peruvian Dragonfly

putting a name to it..

im trying to think of the name of an old slip jam that they still bring out sometimes at shows. perhaps it is unnamed. it is always listed on setlists just as the name of the song that follows it. it is more like an intro. brad and marc will play a consistant riff on the guitars while andrew solos loud and franticaly atop it and then busts into 4/4 on top of marc and brad's odd time. they then usually enter another song directly after.

the first example that comes to mind is 6-28-00 at the knitting factory, ny. the jam follows "from the gecko" and preceedes "mount zion." it is likely on the 3rd disc (3/3). for anyone who may have this in there collection, listen and let me know the title. its been killing me forever.

just for sake of sayin it, the recording has the best moral decay performance ive ever heard.
johnhk4
Beantown Rocker

that jam

to the best of my knowledge that is just always at the end of gecko. perhaps even part of it. on the NYE05 relase on raphsody, it is listed as part of 'gecko' i beleive, and im sure brad or someone had something to do with naming the tracks. my favorite one has to be 12-27-03? i think? at lupos for the almost NYE show it was acutally porbably the highlight of that show. another good one i can think of was during the colorado run in september 04, but i cant remember the date.

if you come up with a cool name, it might stick yknow? after all, did'nt brad once call that new song of thiers "A little more Jill"? for that jam, something like... "penatonic madness", or, "zed lepplin", or, "mothwing bite" :wink:, or, "infintie barrs". yeah i like that one

-john
John from CT / wheaton college, MA
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

I'm not 100% sure I know exactly what your asking. It sounds like a part of Gecko though. I haven't ever had it spelled out but I assume (and track) Zion to start with the triad arpeggios. All before that is Gecko. For what it is worth I named the tracks on the Rhapsody NYE release.