Santa Cruz 5/4/04

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Rob Turner
Cumulus

Santa Cruz 5/4/04

Was anyone at this show??

Absolutely PHENOMENAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish I had been there.....

05/04/2004: Kuumbwa Jazz Center: Santa Cruz, CA

Set I: Space jam> Chasing Rabbits, Predicting the Rain, Aptos, slow vocal tune with long intro, Yaki Soba
Set II: Hey Worrier, Wolof, Fear of Falling, When Cloudy Hushes Moon, Jumby, Sandman^> Children of December
Encore: Poor Boy, Before You Was Born
Notes: ^ Improv. w/ elements of "Sorry" (Sandman?), Rhythm and Gold, The Times They Are A-Changin', then into the Zeroes [Matt Sloan, Hoby]
Non-Fiction
Ambrosia Drunk

nope, but looks amazing. would like the torrent if youve got it?...
And if there's one thing I know to be true, it's let what you love be what you do.
lumpy
From the Gecko

My girlfriend and I were there. What was great is that she always wants to hear Jumby, and told me they'd definitely play it....and they did :)

The Kuumbwa is such a great spot for The Slip....while I love to dance at their shows, having a sit down show every once in a while really changes things up.
Phrazz

Kuumbwa and Banana Slugs

Santa Cruz is a super hip town, and not just because it's near Aptos. :) I missed that year, but hit it up in 2002 and had a blast (maybe a year later...CA is a fog sometimes w/o going back through the photos to jog my memory). All the 2004 CA shows were stellar...definitely keepers if you get them in any format. I also dug the Yoshi's shows and Broadway...wish I hit up more of the San Francisco gigs (always the fall and next year).
Every picture tells a story.
Rob Turner
Cumulus

Non-Fiction wrote:nope, but looks amazing. would like the torrent if youve got it?...

http://db.etree.org/shninfo_detail.php?shnid=26842

If it is not currently being seeded I'm sure you could email someone and encorage them to reseed, in which case let people know so all can download!!
lumpy
From the Gecko

I just dug up my copy - let me see if I can get a clean rip to the hard drive....I'll post in the taping section when I get a torrent going...

Lumps