new tour dates

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

tim
The Weight of Solomon

new tour dates

per pollstar & myspace,

10/8 morgantown, wv
10/27 fall river, ma(narrows)
11/7 seattle, wa
11/9 portland, or
11/10 ashland, or
11/17 fort collins, co
11/18 omaha, ne
11/20 milwaukee, wi
11/21 madison, wi

i hope morgantown means they'll be moving south. you rebels deserve some love...
lumpy
From the Gecko

11/11 - The Independent in San Francisco (per the independent's website)
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!! MORGANTOWN WV!!!! It's a sunday.. but fuck it.. I'm going.. who's coming with me... come on.. who's coming with me... Tim?? Diesel?? I realize it's across the state.. but....
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

10.08.06 Show Press Release

Guster - One of the unlikely success stories of the '90s, Boston-based Guster broke the corporate mold by developing a strong fan base, an innovative use of the Internet and selling more than 40,000 copies of its first two independent releases. With novel instrumentation (two acoustic guitars and bongos) and a sense of humor to match, the band signed to Sire and released a pair of records in the late-'90s. In 2004, Guster released "Ganging Up On the Sun" which featured the addition of a fourth member.

Larry Coryell - In the '60s, Larry Coryell all but pioneered the transformation of jazz electric guitar and laid the groundwork for a generation of disciples. A veteran of bands fronted by Chico Hamilton, Gary Burton and Herbie Mann, Coryell fused his jazz technique with a loud, string-bending style that was near psychedelic. Coryell has explored nearly every style imaginable on both acoustic and electric and recorded with virtually every guitar great going, including John Scofield, Joe Beck, Steve Khan, Larry Carlton and John McLaughlin as well as violinist Stephane Grappelli, bassist Charles Mingus and saxophonist Sonny Rollins. In 2005, he released "Electric," a collection of jazz standards and rock anthems featuring drummer Lenny White and bassist Victor Bailey while this year, he issued "Laid Back & Blues: Live at the Sky Church in Seattle."

The Slip - This melodic New England trio has been generating a national buzz, especially after My Morning Jacket's Jim James raved about the band - "Seeing them live was amazing..." - in a recent "New York Times" article. The songs are soaring, artfully arranged anthems that combine the conciseness of Beatlesque pop with a stunning range of sonic textures.

Miho Hatori - Japanese singer Miho Hatori became an unlikely "star" as half of the international pop duo Cibo Matto. On her solo debut "Ecdysis," she has "assembled" a song cycle puts her voice among a pastiche of sounds, samples and effects. Singing in a variety of languages, she mixes and matches loops and random beats with Brazilian rhythms and tight harmonies in a way that would make David Byrne proud.

Hazmat Modine - Delivering a delirious blend of blues, reggae, Klezmer, country and Gypsy-tinged music, Hazmat Modine has emerged as one of New York's most original bands. The group features the dueling harmonicas; tuba; guitarists Bob Jay, Jon Sholle, and Dan Hovey; and drummer Scott Veenstra. The instrumentation variously includes the sheng (the ancient Chinese mouthorgan), the unique and odd claviola, and sometimes the cimbalom (the Romanian hammered dulcimer).

Incidently, tickets are $20... but sooo worth it.. although, they'll probably only get like 1/2 hr... but they're playing with guster too... who Pam and I both like...
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
fourthaye
Lion on a Rock

I hope to try and make it to that show Pat, we shall see. That weekend a friend is having a wedding celebration / festival that ends on that Sunday morning. So, depending on what happens I am definatly contemplating the drive down there......
~good energy perpetuates good energy~
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

fourthaye wrote:I hope to try and make it to that show Pat, we shall see. That weekend a friend is having a wedding celebration / festival that ends on that Sunday morning. So, depending on what happens I am definatly contemplating the drive down there......
that's straight.. I don't know if anyone's gonna go with me or not (Pam and I are gonna talk about it tonight).. but if she doesn't go.. then I'm going stag... wouldn't be the first time I saw them by myself..
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
Rob Turner
Cumulus

Re: new tour dates

tim wrote:per pollstar & myspace,

10/8 morgantown, wv

i hope morgantown means they'll be moving south. you rebels deserve some love...
I hope so, but I'm not gonna hold my breath. They haven't received the attendance they deserve on their last coupla trips.

Of course, they haven't played Atlanta on a Saturday in the past forty years either, so.........
stephen
Lion on a Rock

The Slip must have read my mind about special places to play...they just announced a 10/28 show at Club Helsinki in Great Barrington, MA. This place is small....Lizard Lounge small....with a great menu of Eatern European food. Boursh anyone?
Katie
Invocation

Holy crap, I never thought they'd play Club Helsinki again! But they are indeed on the venue's website. Narrows and Helsinki in the same weekend? Those venues are tempting enough that I'd consider making the drive, although I don't know if anything can ever compete with my memories of the Aliveacoustic show in that room.

My older/wiser half (half-sister, that is) has finally caught the bug and is tempting me to make a trip to SF for a long weekend to go to the 11/11 show with her... Any one else making the trip out from the East Coast?
chloe
Lion on a Rock

a) holy f*&k
b. kt... dude... how can you be "thinking" about going... yes, you and i both know the almost impossible to put words to magic that that night was, and yes, you can never truly go back, but you can always try again. and i have a feeling that despite all the kudos the world is finally giving these boys (halleluia praise the lord there is some justice in the world and the cd hasn't even hatched yet... woo hoo) they've still got some magic up their sleeves. i will, i repeat WILL come find you, kidnap you and drive you to these shows if i have to, even if i don't have a car, even if the first few cars i try give up the ghost on the way there, even if i have to post run on sentences to try and convince you of the importance of you being there, i will... just make sure pat doesn't have a show that weekend... i know it's a probability so put your foot down now lady...
and as for sf... i do have long lost family out there... hmmmmm.... i have not any money though... i wonder what souls go for these days?
Katie
Invocation

chloe wrote: b. kt... dude... how can you be "thinking" about going...
Well, it would be a lot to do both that weekend and a trip to the left coast.
chloe wrote:just make sure pat doesn't have a show that weekend... i know it's a probability so put your foot down now lady...
Ha. Yeah, he’s definitely got Japhy gigs in the works for Halloween weekend… although they may be pretty far away and I do what I can to avoid the long car trips with those guys, so he won’t be surprised if I skip it. Actually, that’d be a good excuse to go to MA that weekend, rather than stay in B-town alone.

But thanks, it’s good to know my presence has been requested. :P
appleofmyeye
Alsoa

I got time off work so I'll be seeing you people in SF !!! ;} I bet it's changed alot since '01...I can't wait!

Again, if anyone wants to go in on a room, that would be cool...let me know. I'll have one and then you can give me some duckets to stay in the room if your nice and need a place to sleep...lol. Yeah right, sleep!

So, I'm stoked I can make it, but not so stoked for my friends who can't, and I must say we So Caler's are wondering why they're not playing Los Angeles at least!!! With it being a HUGE metro city and all....oh well the universe works in mysterious ways. But does anyone know why?

Anyhoo, my request is that I hope they do 2 sets! It will be great to hear the new album songs, which they will be playing of course and hopefully some older gems as well!

Have fun everyone~
Last edited by appleofmyeye on Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tyler
From the Gecko

i've never seen the Slip on two nights in a row but the Narrows/Helsinki weekend just might change it if i can manage a ride...
appleofmyeye
Alsoa

Well, from the looks of thier new dates listed on thier myspace page, they're comin' to LA! Looks like I don't need to spend the extra $ to make it to SF...which is cool, although I'd still like to go, we'll see.

I'm so amped ;}
putty
From the Gecko

harumph. i guess i'll wait until 2007.

*sulking in the sunny south*