Benevento Russo Duo W/Apollo Sunshine 9/11/06

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

appleofmyeye
Alsoa

Benevento Russo Duo W/Apollo Sunshine 9/11/06

This show was at the good ol' HOB here in San Diego. They now have a open side stage and this was where the show was held, nice with easy access to the outside patio. There were an ok # of heads that attended.

Apollo Sunshine...live , was different than I suspected but pretty good...I have no setlist, sorry.

The Duo came to the stage and it was ON! Within the first couple of songs there was some equipment issues...with some shorting wires on Marco's setup but they still sounded great and prevailed. Cruisin' along and BAM! Russo's computer just stops working all together...he has to play drums, straight up with no chaser, SOO EXCELLENT, this Russo drummer is. That guy has the craziest timing ever! I know they played Play, Pause, Stop and Echo Park as well as a Zepplin tune who's name has slipped my mind but it was SMOKIN'. They said they wouldn't play Becky but ended up finishing the show with it :) I apologize for not knowing all the songs names but I had to say it was one of the best shows I've been to this year, regardless of the equipment problems.