Montreal anyone?

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

Montreal anyone?

Katie did you go?

how was the show
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

I hope my new northern heros got it on tape. So glad that there is a couple locals up there into The Slip and getting the recordings down! Let's hope this was captured as well.
embassy
Poor Boy

show no-go

unfortunately this show didn't happen.

Marc didn't make it across the border, and Brad cut his finger again. Disappointing, and I sure hope it doesn't mean there will be difficulties for any canadian slip shows in the future!
Katie
Invocation

Katie did you go?
Nope, didn't end up getting out of work in time to make the drive north.
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

Re: show no-go

embassy wrote:unfortunately this show didn't happen.

Marc didn't make it across the border, and Brad cut his finger again. Disappointing, and I sure hope it doesn't mean there will be difficulties for any canadian slip shows in the future!
damn what a shame! marc didnt make it accross the border?! do you need more than a just a drivers id now to go accross?
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

birth certificut or passport now
embassy
Poor Boy

I think it was more than lack of ID....
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

was there an alternate preformance? share whats up
discofrank
Mudslide

Yeah, well, Brad and Andrew played three or four songs but they didn't have their instruments because they were in a recording studio so it wasn't like the duo set they played in june. Brad said he cut his finger cutting baguette so he couldn't rip it as usual although he did solo a little. At least he could still play since it was his middle finger from the left hand that was cut. They shared the stage with some people from the Beer Tent & played only one song i recognized which was the Traveling Wilburys song in which they say "Everybody got somebody to leeeaaan on". Anyway, it was a shame the show didn't happen cause it would have been the perfect setup for a Slip show. The stage was in a park with lots of trees and the weather was beautiful although a bit cold. I hope they play again soon in Montreal. Maybe the Cabaret or Main Hall in the fall. Anyone?
etahn
From the Gecko

discofrank wrote:... played only one song i recognized which was the Traveling Wilburys song in which they say "Everybody got somebody to leeeaaan on"...
That song is called "Handle With Care", and the Barr's weren't the only one's to bust it out this weekend - The White Thighs nailed this one on Saturday night at the Stone House in Little Compton.

What, you weren't there?
The world really is magic