SLAC Fest/Mountain Jam... Anyone going?

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

SLAC Fest/Mountain Jam... Anyone going?

Yo!

06/03/06 RI Sustainable Living Fest | C @ RI Sustainable Living Fest - Coventry, RI
06/04/06 Mountain Jam | Hunter Mountain @ Mountain Jam - Hunter, NY

Looks like I'm definitly not going to these. Someone should grab setlists if you go. Thanks!

Anyone planning on these? Mountain Jam looks NICE!!

Oh and if you see a taper please try to get thier info for me. Espessially at SLAC since that is less likely to be recorded.
drewry
Cumulus

ill grab the mountain jam setlist
you know our love will not fade away
mike
Tenfold

I'll definitely look out for some slac fest tapers (and grab the setlist).

on a totally unrelated note, there seem to be at least 2 other "mike" posters on slip.com, so if you see posts by them, don't believe the hype.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

There very well may not be any audience tapers. If you feel brave enough please ask the person running the soundboard, which I assume will be hired for the fest (not the band) if he is getting it. If so maybe get contact so I can get in touch for the archives.
tote
Get Me with Fuji

I am

Cleantone, I will be sure and find out the deal on taping. My friend Chris Rosenquest is opening for the Slip, and he is pretty notorious for taping slip shows to analog, so maybe he has some plan. Anyways, WOOHOO!! I wish I could afford green mountain. Also, for anyone, those mono speaker mini boomboxes that cost like ten bucks at walfart actually make pretty damn decent recordings as long as you keep them in the sweet spot between the monitors on center stage. FYI... If you do get one, make sure to tape Rosenquest's set as well with it. He'll flip. He's really good too, kinda Damien Rice meets Ben Harper old school.

tote
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
lawdawgy
Poor Boy

Mountain Jam - Slip played a 45 minute set. 2nd stage.

Intro>Soft Machine
Mudslide
Airplane/Primitive
Sleepyhead
Even Rats

The song order may be jumbled, hopefully someone else can confirm or rearrange. It was pouring during most of their set, but they drew a decent crowd.
drewry
Cumulus

not sure if this was the case saturday too but at mountain jam Airplane/Primitive was a different arrangement from the ones ive heard. new vocals at the beginning, a couple of the parts cut out. Mudslide was SICK!
you know our love will not fade away