SMMD: Seattle, Portland, Ashland Photos

Photos of shows, people, places and things.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Phrazz

SMMD: Seattle, Portland, Ashland Photos

SMMD in Seattle

Here are a few selected photos from many that I took in Seattle (at the Triple Door), Portland (Goodfood Lounge) and Ashland (Mobius). I think the crowd in Portland rocked the most, Triple Door was a superb room but rather docile being a Monday night and all (I tried causing trouble, they would have none of it!). Moebius was a nice gallery room, but I really could have used a beer or a glass of wine. The chai was good, however.

I arose rather early on Thu. to make a formidable drive through the redwoods and up the Oregon coast (some photos at end). The mountains out there just put other mountains to shame (well back east where they are more like molehills). Even at 12:30 PM, the sun was blocked out by the thousands of feet of canyon walls and trees soaring to the sky.

It took a while to get these into web format, I have over a thousand from the Boston -> Ashland leg of the tour. Alas, I never made it to SF because of other plans on the weekend (saw Death Cab for Cutie and Stars at the Paramount, fantastic shows).

These photos are dedicated to Hannah from Montana (who invited me to visit in the first place and showed me some of the coolest places in town). The Experience Music Project (guitar/music museum) was a blast!

-Believe in wonder,

Phrazz

Surprise Me Mr. Davis at the Triple Door:

Baby Gramps opened up for BAMN at the Triple Door. Haven't seen him since Creekside '03 or somewhere thenabouts. He's till pickin' like a demon:

Marc flexes his vocal chords (check out the collar...):

While Brad gets busy with the harp:

The boys rocked the Goodfoot the next day in wonderful Po-Town:

The brothers Barr on the skins. Someone went shopping?

Nathan Moore, the hard-working troubadour, works up a sweat:

Andrew is having way too much fun. What does he see?

The tour would be impossible without the dedication of this man:

The intrepid Mr. Smith, hard at work:

Brad tears into a solo:

Nathan does his "rubber ball" magic trick (it's illusion!):

This one's got nothing to do with SMMD, but everything to do with Seattle (EMP):

Someday I hope to climb this mountain:

It's no coincidence the main attraction in Seattle is a giant needle:

Thanks for the wonderful memories!

SMMD in Seattle
RL

Nice pics Phrazz. I didn't know you were on the left coast, cool. I really like that one of Mt. Rainer. Making me miss Seattle.
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

Just finished looking at the directory,

and there were some stunning pictures.

For somereason ive been getting into analog type of stuff. I think of film analogous to analog. (are those derivatives?). I was just looking at some old 8mm film that my grandfather had shot when he was in paris. Although theres no sound just seeing the screen become faded into that yellow color, and the focus changing. Some beautiful stuff. Its almost like, the lack of detail is what I enjoy, the imperfections of video is what i enjoy but at the sametime i like high quality.

Your photographs somehow hold both of those. They are super crisp. My dad's got a digital camera that he uses for dentistry. its the g5 i believe. When we use it for vacation pictures or such, it picks up so much detail. But it puts it into an almost fake looking image. Its sorta like choosing the wrong type of microphone for a voice. DIgital cameras i guess in the long run will save you money. No film, reusable compact flash. But I am liking the idea of materal technology. DOnt knwo why because i have always enjoyed new improvements in technology over older stuff, but I am really enjoying this.

Phrazz
Do you know if all the new lenses for Pentax cameras, will fit an older model. DO most of them do that. IM sure i could find out somewhere, but Id first like to ask here to see if you know.

I have been shooting wiht my medium format camera. Just portraits of family, and me outside. Its in black and white. im using my ME super as a light meter. Hopefuly i dont over expose, or under because that film is alot for just 12 exposures.

Take care all,

I love this art.
it feels good.

Dan
Stankdog211
Ambrosia Drunk

Sweet! Thanks Phrazz.