Surprise Me, Mr. Davis Syracuse Photos.

Photos of shows, people, places and things.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

sm
Beantown Rocker

Surprise Me, Mr. Davis Syracuse Photos.

i know there's a bunch of Mr. Davis photos already on the board, so i figured whats a few more? i finally went through my 30 or so shots that i took in syracuse and found a few worthy of showing to you guys...

... actually, on 2nd thought, rather than posting them, here's a link to the page i have them on.

smmd syracuse photos.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Those look great! Thanks for posting them. Hope you had fun at the show.
etahn
From the Gecko

I can understand Brad and Nathan wearing the same suits night after night. There probably wasn't much room in the van (or the budget) for a full wardrobe.

But did they have to sleep in them, too?

Great pics, BTW.
The world really is magic
sm: login musta timed out

thanks guys.

yeah, we had a blast in syracuse... strange venue that sold no beverages whatsoever, alcoholic or not... the free water was nice and all, but that aint rock n roll.

the band sounded good, im a real big fan of this surprise me mr. davis outfit, and i think nathan is just awesome. singing, writing, banter, stage presence, the guy should be on the stage more often for sure, and i think he brings a little something else out of the slip. all 4 of them seemed to be just having a grand ole time on stage. looking forward to seeing more of them in the future... and maybe even another album! (i picked up the smmd disc, and wow, i think it's quite quite awesome.)

also, cleantone, i saw in another thread somewhere on the board here, about the suggestion for 4 kazoo solos, that marc apparently objected to... incidently, we got the 4 kazoo solo in syracuse, and marc's part was great in a comedic kinda way... i *think* he was acting, but it was a great little piece anyways... *blow-air-nothing-squeak-fuck!*... hilarious.

but yeah, good times, met some cool people from syracuse and beyond, and as always it was a pleasure to get a few minutes of the guys time after the show to say hello and thanks for turnin' it out... nathan liked the suit jacket i was wearing, and that was good enough for me! 8)

(looks like i got logged out while i was typing this... oh well)
Katie
Invocation

Hey, Nice work! The side angle shot of marc at the keys is such a perfect moment. Plus you gotta love the combination of suits and sunglasses. 8)
It's interesting to me too cause I shot mostly at the same angle but on the opposite side of stage, at the Higher Ground show (cause the front was pretty packed and it was the easiest place to get to up-front.) Still workin on those... but I'll pm you a link-in-progress.

Glad you enjoyed the SMMD experience. And speaking of the little kazoo bit... in Burlington it ended in Marc throwing it out into the audience where it hit my unsuspecting, and rather tall boyfriend, square in the chest and almost landed in his pocket but instead fell to the floor and a girl snapped it up and ran away with it. Abused by a kazoo and he didn't even get to keep it. :shock:
sm
Beantown Rocker

awesome! thanks, katie... im having a look now... nice stuff! i just went past one with nathan having a wide-eyed look at brad wailing away... pretty neat moment...

that's funny about the kazoo incident... it caused a bit of a scramble in syracuse, too, when marc tossed it into the crowd... i was nowhere near it though..
bouche
Alsoa

yeah scotty, that same shctick went down at the Higher Ground.

When Marc got the Kazoo, he pretended like he didn't know how to work it. Sure as shit, some drunk chick screams "You have to HUMMM in it!!!!"

hahahah!
k-real
Cumulus

sm - sweet pix. thank you. my camera never left my "sport" coat in portland. too busy double fistin' red bull and vodka...i'm still shaky from the taurine.