Marco with Andrew and Reed Mathis @ The Westcott 5-7-09

Photos of shows, people, places and things.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

jpkuckens
Yaki Soba

Marco with Andrew and Reed Mathis @ The Westcott 5-7-09

What a great show. The setlist was pretty damn satisfying if you're a marco trio fan:
Golden
Bus Ride
You're Gonna Have a Good Day
Call Home
Friends
Ruby
Heartbeats
You Must Be A Lion
Atari
"RISD"
Real Morning Party
Mephisto
Record Book
Toy Party 11
Twin Killer

They got to the venue about 2 hours late, something about being stuck at customs in Canada. They really wasted no time getting into it though, really energetic right from the start. Andrew had a particularly great drum solo in morning party where he incorporated his weird-ass oil keg thing. The lighting was really amazing to the eye, but the camera sensor had some trouble... I ended up with some pretty wacky colors but I like it.

Here's the link to my blog where I put a flickr slideshow, too lazy to figure out the HTML right now:

http://joshkuckensphotography.blogspot. ... acuse.html

really great show. I'm going to see them again Thursday night in NYC when they share a bill with Bad Plus, should be an interesting night to say the least.
and the days are long... like the words to a little song
Phrazz

great shots!

Hey Josh...that's not the first and won't be the last time they get delayed at the Canadian border (can you say rock star profiling? ;) ).

Killer shots, BTW...these all with your 135? The colors are cool...not too far around the wheel it seems (based on skin tones, which look mostly normal to me).

Flickr imbedded Flash slideshows are so cool. Too bad we can't imbed objects here (maybe a new version of the BBoard would support this).

I like the one of Andrew smiling...too bad I can't link to the JPEG! ;) [That's a Flickr setting I believe....]