smmd photos? anyone?

Photos of shows, people, places and things.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

torph
Alsoa

smmd photos? anyone?

i would love to check out some shots of brad's new rig..... anyone take pictures from the recent tour?
tyler
From the Gecko

i took some in Burlington, they vary wildly in quality though. this link should be public.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... =173702519
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

Can't see Brad's amp very well at all but his new guitar is nice. Some sort of a Guild Starfire maybe?

Gotta love it when Marc and Brad have the matching instruments! Fender/fender was cool but Guild/Guild is even cooler. I just love my Guild acoustic!
hoby
Flight of the Peruvian Dragonfly

harrymcq wrote:Can't see Brad's amp very well at all but his new guitar is nice. Some sort of a Guild Starfire maybe?

Gotta love it when Marc and Brad have the matching instruments! Fender/fender was cool but Guild/Guild is even cooler. I just love my Guild acoustic!
Oooh yeah, matching Starfires! Now I gotta go change my pants. :oops:
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

The amp is an early 60's gibson. I have never seen one like it. Not that I know it all about vintage gear by any means.
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

This one looks a lot like Brad's new one, it's a 60's Guild Starfire V. It sounds fucking awesome on the tapes. Was he playing it for most of the recent shows?

magpie
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

holymoly that's a gorgeous guitar...
<i>become...

but remember that you already
are</i>
chloe
Lion on a Rock

i'm dyslexic and numbers are my personal nemises but i believe brad's been playing a 67 of that make.... maybe... and this is another question i invariably get wrong about people, but i also think it was made in rhode island, cause my mind went, 'like brad... oooo... i can remember that....' and it sounds better than it looks.... which is saying a lot..... which i wouldn't say were it not true... and it's green..... doesn't look it until stage lights aren't glaring in multicolored glory.... was it you bear who pointed that out to me? or another of the hardcore rhode island contingency, in burlington... maybe..... but it has this wicked awesome tone that can morph right into the late sixties sound and can likewise rock out or sing sweetly..... yeah...
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

It sounds like your facts are pretty dead on, chloe! Guild made most of their guitars in Westerly, RI until they were bought out by Fender in 1995. (I got my Guild acoustic in '95 right before they were bought out!) '67 also seems probable in terms of the year as well. I think it must be a Starfire V since it has the Bigsby tremolo unit...
bitchtits
Alsoa

yea that guitar Brads been using sounds really sick, a real rock and roll sound :twisted:
Thrice you have rescued me from falling grace;
once when I was a beggar and you were the rain on my face,
once when I was crippled and you carried me,
and once when the blindness of others taught me how to see.