SMMD in Montreal

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

lumpy
From the Gecko

SMMD in Montreal

Just read this over on the Thought Swap Parlor (www.frogvilleplanet.com):

Straight from Percy Boyd:

wow, ok, I don't have much time at the moment, but...wow!

The border was super sketchy, they had my arrest on record and had it been two weeks later, I wouldn't have gotten in. Apparently, it will be very difficult for me to get in for five years from the date of my conviction. So this little window was open and I crawled in! Now, I'm here and this is heaven.

Suprise me is recording in this top floor loft studio in downtown Montreal. We're going full on analog two inch and mixing down to quarter inch, working fourteen hours a day. We have about 11 tunes in the works and it feels pretty smokin. (I've been smoking like a fiend, but that's another story, sort of).

I love Montreal, I love french women, the curved staircases, the late late life, i'm still just getting a sense of it all. When I have more time, I have a few good stories to tell.

loving it- people here can't even comprehend my arrest! so beautiful.

nathan
sm
Beantown Rocker

fuckin' eh!

(except, i guess that means we wont see anymore SMMD up here in Canada.. but im glad they're having fun, im sure it'll show on the record!)
tim
The Weight of Solomon

Re: SMMD in Montreal

lumpy wrote:Just read The border was super sketchy, they had my arrest on record and had it been two weeks later, I wouldn't have gotten in. Apparently, it will be very difficult for me to get in for five years from the date of my conviction.
sm wrote:(except, i guess that means we wont see anymore SMMD up here in Canada...
can someone clarify all this for me...you cannot get into canada with any sort of criminal record now???
bouche
Alsoa

sm wrote:fuckin' eh!

(except, i guess that means we wont see anymore SMMD up here in Canada.. but im glad they're having fun, im sure it'll show on the record!)
when did we see SMMD in Canada?
sm
Beantown Rocker

last weekend - evolve.

well, i guess you didnt. and neither did i. but some people did.