Sufjan Stevens anyone

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

Sufjan Stevens anyone

After a recording I made, i traded it for these three albums from this unknown artist. Great decision. check it out, nice melodies, good tunes subtile voice

~Dan
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Yeah he is pretty cool. I have heard one album of his. I guess he plays everything on them.

unfortunately, i haven't had an opportunity to listen to any of his stuff. rhapsody doesn't have anything except for a tune off of the oc season x sampler.

listening to "to be alone with you" off seven swans. kind of reminds me of iron and wine, with the soft guitar licks and semi-raspy voice. digging it for sure.

i guess he's undertaken this amazing project to make an album for every state. hell of a task!
ScS
From the Gecko

that was me. forgot that i cleaned my cookies out today.
scs
delray beach, florida
"democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey cage"-hl mencken

"on the run from johnny law...ain't no trip to cleveland"-dignan

"a flute without holes is not a flute. a donut without a hole is a danish."-ty webb
casey
Alsoa

his newest, illinois, is great. check it out
k-real
Cumulus

sufjan is great. how about kings of convenience? anyone listening to them. two guys from bergen, norway. one is in school getting his psychology doctorate. the other looks like napoleon dynamite. they have an amazing sense of harmony. indie rockish, modern day simon and garfunkel. if you like iron & wine and sufjan give koc a listen.
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

Hell yes,

A mix of S & D with a new apeal. Riots on an Emtpy Street is magnificent

This really doesnt have to do with the type of music i was just talkingi about, but, The Books just released thier third album and if you like weird, but great songs i suggest you check them out. The new album is more songs then a mix of noise and crazyness.

got to go to the beach
;ater
tim
The Weight of Solomon

BUMP

starting to believe the hype. i have been sitting on this album for the past three months and have just been getting into it. track #3 is awesome, epecially the build up at the end(anyone else catch 'the cure' teases halfway through?). 'john wayne gacy jr' is also one of the most haunting songs ever.
k-real wrote:sufjan is great. how about kings of convenience? anyone listening to them. two guys from bergen, norway. one is in school getting his psychology doctorate. the other looks like napoleon dynamite. they have an amazing sense of harmony. indie rockish, modern day simon and garfunkel. if you like iron & wine and sufjan give koc a listen.

good call, feist sings with them btw.
francis
From the Gecko

gacy is the most beautiful songs about one of the most horrifying events.
-francis

order your precious swords!
get your free sword catalog!