new children of december

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

casey
Alsoa

new children of december

not sure if this has been posted or not, but theres a new recording of children of december on the front page of the slips site. sounds pretty good I think
tim
The Weight of Solomon

i like some of the sounds effects and marc's 'wawawawa' part during the chorus is a nice addition. "come on!"
gabe
Lion on a Rock

hahaha for some reason this song will only play for me at top speed.... sounds like fuckin... BAM and the chipmunks.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

I think that is the second studio version they did. Feels like it was about a year ago but I'm not sure. If it is on the new record it would be a different one than this. Thought you might want to know. I think I'm right, I'd have to compare them more closely.
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

ya know.. I'm not crazy about the way brad is singing it... very monotone... I'd much rather have him singing falsetto and missing notes... like when it's live... it just loses something this way... but instrumentally it's awesome... did any one pick up the laughter in the background in the one part... can't wait till the new albums out!!
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

The new album version will be different but very likely have the mellow vocals. I really want to hear the laid back vocals with the concert style louder upper register stuff mixed in just a little. It might not work but I want to hear it non the less. The even rougher older dec kids home studio version is really funny to hear. This one is pretty cool. They played it on air in Portsmouth before the 2nd Stone Church gig. I was quite surprised actually. Also surprised it is on the site.
Abe

Pstehley wrote:ya know.. I'm not crazy about the way brad is singing it... very monotone... I'd much rather have him singing falsetto and missing notes... like when it's live... it just loses something this way... but instrumentally it's awesome... did any one pick up the laughter in the background in the one part... can't wait till the new albums out!!
Definitely. I wish you could hear more of the room too on the vocals. I like hearing those long reverb trails.
bouche
Alsoa

I'm a huge fan of Brad's higher octave version of this tune. I was shocked when I heard it in the lower octave, but this recording really makes that come out very nice.

count me in with the people who like the higher, almost out of control, gonna fall off the edge, vocals. I know he fucks it up live a lot, but in the studio im sure they could get a perfect take.
casey
Alsoa

yeah I think the higher octave is the way to go, I think it really slows down the pace of the song when he sings lower
JV
Get Me with Fuji

higher octave = more emotional